xp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhalweg

Solid State Member
after i install a fresh copy of xp pro on my harddrive everything is fine and dandy until i begin installing programs or the computer is reset/turned off. once i do one of these things i can no longer move ANY folders/files and there is serious mouse lag as well when trying to move individual windows or switching between open programs.

anyone ever experience this?

i've been using the same xp install disc since it was released. i've installed it on numerous computers and have never seen this before. i have another hardrive on order and will try an install on that. if that doesn't work i'm going to order a new install disc.

thanks for looking

k i'll try the driver thing, but i'm pretty sure that was done with the previous mb and still did it.

i do not like vista or win 7 sorry lol

Not trying to make you change, but XP is pushing 10 years. In a couple years, nothing new will be compatible with it.

Hah, I love Win7 compared to XP. I occasionally have to use the school computers, which have XP, and it just takes so long to do random things. Not from a processing PoV, they're plenty fast, but just little things that make using it easier and faster.

i installed the vid drivers. same stuff. guess i'll just wait for hard drive to arrive.

well, i'll use xp till i can't anymore lol

installed a fresh copy of xp on the new hard drive, but still the same issues. i now have a new xp pro install disc in the mail. i will try that next.

is there anyway that the motherboard itself could be casuing this issue of not being able to move folders?

so i installed vista on the machine and still the same exact thing. any idea of what to change/replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom