Xbox Live Dashboard Update Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that it's faster to navigate like that then using the dashboard... It's still much slower then the old dashboard and IMO the old one looked better.

My xbox has had similar lag problems in Halo CE but that's it.

I think this one looks a lot better, its a lot more graphically good-looking IMO.

I agree that the old one was a bit quicker on the dashboard such as loading XBL MP content, but the guide is a lot faster and you can do a lot more things that you couldn't before.

I have done some interesting things the past 24 or so hours. The lag appears to be coming from OLDER hard drives, I was wondering, what RPM the newer drives run at? I pulled my Halo 20gb drive to install windows onto for my laptop and found out its 5400 RPM, with like 2mb cache... Very low end... But I have heard the newer ones are quite a bit faster?

Anyways, with my drive removed, there is no real way to test older games, but there was absolutly NO lag while in the guides and such, or while playing Halo 3.

There's not so much of a "lagg" on the dashboard it's just slow. Its the same for me, had an original 20gb hard drive when the NXE first came out. Then recently bought a new 60gb hard drive and there has been no increase in speed. The program is just slow, everyone I know has a slow NXE, games all run perfectly fine. Just it takes 15-20 seconds just to send an invite, pressing all of 2 buttons. Rather ridiculous IMO.

I noticed I get no lag with the drive entirely gone... I think it may be the file system the OS uses, or its terrible at managing the file system the drive has..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom