XBox 360 network adaptor doesn't support WPA2?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
{rant}
So of course Microsoft couldn't do anything helpful, could they? I mean, it's not like WPA2 has been out for long right? It's not like they couldn't just have made the network adaptor specifically designed for their XBox 360 to utilize WPA2, i mean since it hasn't been out long and all. Not like it's been out as long as - if not longer than - the 360 itself!? The least they could do is make a firmware update...
{/rant}
Sorry if this is already up somewhere, but after searching for an hour I came up with nothing even close to relevant.
So I spent $100 on a piece of plastic that won't do what I need it to do. I'm currently running off my roommate's internet. He has a D-Link N router (not sure what model). He won't set it up to WPA from WPA2. His argument is that it is severely less secure, and he doesn't want hacked. I don't blame him on not wanting hacked, but I haven't seen much of a difference between the two encryption methods except that one costs a bit more to have (thank you marketing).

My Problem: I need to get my 360 connected to a WPA2-secured network

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Hi
I found a web site with a work around, a bit complicated though. You might give it a look.
WPA2 on your Xbox

That X-box adapter is really a rip off, $100 and no WPA2. They only charge so much because there are no alternatives to getting it if you want wireless.

Good Luck

That X-box adapter is really a rip off, $100 and no WPA2. They only charge so much because there are no alternatives to getting it if you want wireless.

You can sort of have wireless, for my friend I just used a wireless router. Cost about £20; the router (which I got second-hand from my mum) plus a 1m Cat5 cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom