Xbox 360 finally supporting Divx and Xvid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm still puzzled as to why it took so long to add Divx and Xvid support to the Xbox 360 and wondered if Microsoft did not ask the users before they produced the Xbox 360 about the features that the users wanted to see. My old Xbox is playing all of those files without a problem and the main reason why I did not make the switch to the new Xbox 360 was, among other things, the non existent support for Xvid and Divx movies.
What I like is that the Xbox 360 plays those movies from CD or DVD instead of streaming them over the network. I'm not that up to date when it comes to modchips for the Xbox 360 and possibilities to add a bigger hard drive to store files on it, but I'm sure some of you know the answer.
I would replace my old Xbox with the new Xbox 360 if I could use it as a media center again. I'd also like to know if the noise of the Xbox 360 has been finally reduced or if it is still that loud which would be another drawback.
Divx is supported back to version 5.0 which means that most movies should play just fine on the Xbox 360.

Xbox 360 finally supporting Divx and Xvidhttp://www.ghacks.net/2007/12/07/xbox-360-finally-supporting-divx-and-xvid/

Probably due to the recent (as in few years) problems in piracy and appeasing the RIAA and MPAA to cover their *** before releasing it... as far as waiting? Wouldn't happen, MS wanted to beat the competition on release dates. That's just a guess, but not sure.

so is the DivX actually supported now, afaik the ps3 was supposed to get the update to play DivX before 360, and sadly it isn't out for the pstripple yet. Can anyone confirm that the 360 ALREADY has DivX support as of now? or is it just an announcement?

so is the DivX actually supported now, afaik the ps3 was supposed to get the update to play DivX before 360, and sadly it isn't out for the pstripple yet. Can anyone confirm that the 360 ALREADY has DivX support as of now? or is it just an announcement?

getting worried the 360 will outshine the PS3 Again?

I'm still puzzled as to why it took so long to add Divx and Xvid support to the Xbox 360 and wondered if Microsoft did not ask the users before they produced the Xbox 360 about the features that the users wanted to see. My old Xbox is playing all of those files without a problem and the main reason why I did not make the switch to the new Xbox 360 was, among other things, the non existent support for Xvid and Divx movies.
What I like is that the Xbox 360 plays those movies from CD or DVD instead of streaming them over the network. I'm not that up to date when it comes to modchips for the Xbox 360 and possibilities to add a bigger hard drive to store files on it, but I'm sure some of you know the answer.
I would replace my old Xbox with the new Xbox 360 if I could use it as a media center again. I'd also like to know if the noise of the Xbox 360 has been finally reduced or if it is still that loud which would be another drawback.
Divx is supported back to version 5.0 which means that most movies should play just fine on the Xbox 360.

Xbox 360 finally supporting Divx and Xvidhttp://www.ghacks.net/2007/12/07/xbox-360-finally-supporting-divx-and-xvid/

They didn't do it because they wanted people to buy HD-DVD's for there HD Player simply to stop sony doing so well, that is all, and now theyve got the movies up on XBL, they don't care. Read up on it.

TheEnd
Yes it does have DIVx, howelse do you think they got the HD videos on the marketplace down to 6GB ? That is the sole reason they did it. HD Movies are usually around 20 or more GB. With the vast majority of xbox users only haveing 13GB of space, noone could download them. And yes, before you ask, it does still look very good quality and HD. Infact it allmost looks lossless

How does it compare to the

Spider-Man.3.Blu-Ray.REMUX.H264.1080P.LPCM.Dolby-TrueHD.F@Silu

on my ps3? is it equal quality? hmmmm...

How does it compare to the

Spider-Man.3.Blu-Ray.REMUX.H264.1080P.LPCM.Dolby-TrueHD.F@Silu

on my ps3? is it equal quality? hmmmm...

No, the current movies are only 720P. But take a look on comparison shots between 720P and 1080P, its miniscule. How good your TV/Monitor makes more of a difference. Movies in the future will be 1080P. Even the differences between HD-DVD and BluRay are more significant than the difference between 720P and 1080P, until like anything, you get on a terribley large sreen. It's hard to tell even on a 60" Projector.

that is because there is more for the human eye to register between 360p and 720p... not so much between 720p and 1080p, it is there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom