Xbox 360 and RROD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well i wanna buy a 360 but been hearing SO MANY problems with rrod... and how often it happens.. does it happen alot.. i was reading the 360 forums and how people have gotten them like 4 or 5 times a year :/

Well i wanna buy a 360 but been hearing SO MANY problems with rrod... and how often it happens.. does it happen alot.. i was reading the 360 forums and how people have gotten them like 4 or 5 times a year :/

they've just had bad luck. iv'e had my xbox 360 since it first came out, hence i have a first gen 360, but i've only ever had 2 RROD's and one was because a part in the 360 decided to die as i was playing test drive unlimited and the second one was an over heating issue. and no RROD's since than.

i got my 360 a few months after they came out..and i've never had a red ring issue. To be honest the only time i had any red ring is when i had my power cable halfway unplugged...so no wonder it done it :p lol

I have the halo edition, so it is a bit over one year old now, have only had it light up red once, that was the half rrod, just two red lights, not 3 or 4, so it was a overheating issue, wouldn't blame it, played halo 3 for hours on end in a room in the mid summer that wasn't being cooled any what so ever, close to 100F in the room, but other than that, I would say that the system is great, I think the people with red ring issues are people that put it in a entertainment center cabinet and expect it to work perfectly fine, mine sits all by it self, out in the open, nothing sits on top except maybe a cd case once in awhile. It's just like a computer, same as the PS3, parts of it WILL fail at random times, some units more often than others...

I have a first gen 360 and have never had RRoD (knocks on wood). Only time I've gotten red rings is when I didn't have the video cable plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom