WoW - Worth the "Ouch" in the Wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still can't see why anyone would like guild wars better than WoW (other than the money).

i own both. i bought guild wars before wow, and thought it was great. then i got wow, and i haven't even opened gw since. i hear gw has better pvp, but that's not really my thing anyways.

The game can get you hooked up pretty badly but only if you let that happen. I played but I never got addicted like some much people are saying. Btw the game is great.

I love Diablo and I hear that game is 10x better. I'm scared of that game. I have almost bought it so many times. But if I do... I am afraid it will be like a Quiji board. I will always be playing it and I will never be able to get rid of it!

"Ouch"?

£9 month ain't bad.

Save up 50p a day and you got it right there.

Costs next to nothing for what you get in return.

Highly recommended.

b0dge said:
Hmmm, i'm getting closer to buying it.... Anyone ese?!
If you are interested, I can arrange a 10 day trial key.

As for the subscription per month. I find because of WOW, I spend less money on other games.

Adzh said:
"Ouch"?

£9 month ain't bad.

Save up 50p a day and you got it right there.

Costs next to nothing for what you get in return.

Highly recommended.

I know it's not that much, it was just to make a snappy title:

WoW = Worth ouch Wallet.....

(Oh well, if you've got to explain, it's not funny!)

And if one of you guys could sort out a trial key, that would be cool! Thanks...

I have been playing WoW scince the realease and i am still thourghly enjoying it - great game heaps to do

b0dge said:
WoW = Worth ouch Wallet.....
I have said this before in the past and I will say it again.

I find that with MMORPGs, with the monthly subscription rate, I find myself SAVING MONEY.

We all know that single player games are getting shorter and shorter these days. Like compair the Orginal Half Life (Finished first time around in 20 hours) with Half Life 2 (Finished first time around in 12 hours). With having a work and social life, I can normally finish a game in about 2 week. And this is a game that has cost US$50.
So come again in another 2 week, I am going to be down at EB Games ready to fork out another US$50 on another game.

And the problem is this, a lot of the games are just getting shorter.
* FPS seem to be getting extremely short. Like I remember finishing Pray in about 8 hours.
* RPG are getting more and more linier. Eg. There is a set path.
* RTS are getting much shorter in favor to for Mutli Player aspect.

Therefore I am spending about US$100 per month on games.

Now, lets look at world of warcraft or any other MMORPG, however we will use WoW as the example.
$19.99 for the base game that will give you the first month free.
$39.99 for the expansion pack.
And then after that, you are only spending $14.95 per month for a subscription with unlimited play, ever expanding posibilities and new content.

Therefore, MMORPGs are cheaper to play than stand alone games.

Please note that I am writing this pretending that I know nothing about people Bit Torrenting and Borrowing Games from friends.

I'd suggest Ryzom Online over WoW.
It has better graphics and great gameplay. (even just to farm, you might gonna die from farming in rysom lol pretty cool heh?)
ive played many mmorpg's but Ryzom Online is very well constructed game.
I'd also suggest EvE Online for adult players. (since the leveling is in real-time based so great for ppl who works and have no time to power level like all the kids do. and also your social life is saved..)

I've played WoW when it first came out for an year or so.
It was fun till i get to lvl60... after that is all about raiding and it wasn't really exciting and also pretty much meaningless..
so i quit. and i'm glad i quit wow...lol

anyways, wow is a good entry level mmorpg if you haven't played any yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom