WOW! They doubled my speed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time Warner....49.99USD a month. I got the "deal" too right now it is 19.99 for 3 months and 29.99 for the next 9 months. 302kbs/sec....I'll buy it!

here's some cool stuff for faster speeds. worked on mine, but do this at own risk (I saw a little increase in speed):

oh yeah, this is for cable and DSL

Open your registry and find the key below.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP]

Create the following values, as most of these values will not already exist you will need to create them by clicking on Edit -> New -> DWORD or String Value and then set the value as shown below.

DefaultTTL = "128" (String Value)
Specifies the default time to live (TTL) for TCP/IP packets. The default is 32.

DefaultRcvWindow = "32767" (String Value)
Specifies the default receive window advertised by the TCP/IP stack. The default is 8192. If you're using Windows 98, Me or 2000 and have a latent network, you can try increasing the value to 93440, 186880, or 372300.

PMTUBlackHoleDetect = "0" (String Value)
Specifies whether the stack will attempt to detect Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) routers that do not send back ICMP fragmentation-needed messages. The default is 0.

PMTUDiscovery = "1" (String Value)
Specifies whether the TCP/IP stack will attempt to perform path MTU discovery as specified in RFC 1191. The default is 1.

SackOpts = "1" (String Value)
Enables support for selective acknowledgements as documented by Request for Comment (RFC) 2018. Default is 0.

Tcp1323Opts = "1" (String Value)
Controls RFC 1323 time stamps and window scaling options. Possible values are: "0" = disable RFC 1323 options, "1" = window scale enabled only, "2" = time stamps enabled only and "3" = both options enabled.

To increase performance even further follow the instructions here and increase the MaxMTU to 1500 (or 1492 if your provider uses PPPoE).

Exit your registry and restart Windows for the change to take effect.

I am currently waiting for verizon fios to come to my area, it is something that i think they just recently started. They will offer very high speeds, the top 2 are 15 mbps and 30 mbps and i am sure it will be even higher in a few years. The first state to get it was texas, not all of texas yet though, so if you live there check to see if it is available in your area. The price for the 15 mbps is only $49 a month, not bad at all.

Charter 3Mbps
I pay 42.99$ a month. And it is fast. You dont know how sorry i feel for u beeedubaya, i will pray that u will get broadband(it is so sad) i had dial up for 6 years and now i have cable, i will destroy my computer before i will go back to dial up because i will destroy it waiting for a page to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom