Wow GIANT Crysis news! DX10 on XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no bill gates doesnt have enough money >.>

Does knowing that DX9 and 10 is some elaborate scam really change anything? I doubt microsoft is going to say "oh you got us.. Okay well fix it".

Though I gotta say that would be damned funny. Scam or not, still gonna end up buying vista and an intel proc ^^. Doesn't mean I think very highly of em of course. But wether I run the 'real' dx10 or dx9 that looks like dx10 the end result is the same. Still playing a game with some cool looking effects. And if going vista again (this install wont work again XD lol -.-) will save even 5 or 10 min extra messin around with code I'm fine.

But **** if people can get dx10 effects on an xp with 9 and minimul work, lucky :) would have a bit better performance less the cost of new os assuming you buy it. *cough* like any self respecting person would do, right?

i saw a vid a while ago showing differences in some scenes from DX9 to 10, and it was huge, but i could see like no diff in those pics b4 that you showed, hah, but i guess that might be cause it wasnt really dx10.

but yea, massive differences in smoke effects, fire etc, also when you're in the forest it is a whole lot more dense and organic lookin, idk, just seem to remember those things.

we'll see!

i changed all those cfg files and i still cant get it to work.
cant access very high settings...help pls.

I could be wrong but when you do those changes it puts the Very High Settings into the High Settings. In other words your "High Settings" ARE ACTUALLY the "Very High Settings". Am I right?

Even at Very High under XP its not DX10 guys. Cause you dont have the DX10 API installed. It IS possible though, but the team making DX10 for XP is goin real slow. I cant enable very high though which is gay. But you can deffinately tell a difference between DX10 and DX9 (Vista/XP). Just its very small, and not worth the extra hassel of Vista and lower performance.

I could be wrong but when you do those changes it puts the Very High Settings into the High Settings. In other words your "High Settings" ARE ACTUALLY the "Very High Settings". Am I right?

Yes, you are right. When you enable the tweak, it should still register as 'high' but your settings will be different.

so I guess thats another thing you can't have if you have DX9.
The Title of 'Very High'.
big deal.

Actually, you can set the "Very High" settings to register with any of the existing settings, so you could configure it in such a way that when you set everything to "Low" you get "Very High" settings, for example.

One could always tweak the values even beyond "Very High" because there are so many numerical variables that very well have the potential to increase visual quality. We will find out soon enough I guess, just like with CS:S and it's config files, people will be posting different combinations of entries for the best optimzation/visual quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom