wolfenstein 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I just started playing wolfenstein 3D multiplayer (Enemy Territory)

i have the following questions?

why do i get disconnected and i get the message "Server disconnected for unknown reason"

what is no spawn killing?

Server diconected could be for any number of reasons, we will need more info to help with it.

Spawn killing is the frowned upon type of play, that involves sitting next to the enemy spawn point, killing the newly spawned players that have not yet found a good weapon. Not considered ‘sporting’ behaviour.

Do you accidentally kill teammates? If you kill a teammate right when you start out and he complains then your XP Points will go into negative levels and you'll get kicked by Punkbuster. People can also call votes to kick you but if thats the case then you would know the reason why you got kicked. Enemy Territory gives "disconnected for unknown reason" messages regardless if its a connection problem or if you get kicked so it not much help.

also check for patches often. I always was behind on patches, and instead of telling me that i needed to update it just kicked me out of the server, and/or i got 500 + lag.

yes, i accidentally was killing my team mates, my butter fingers were to blame.

isn't there some serve for newbies, i usually get creamed.

hey dude, what do you mean by "and/or i got 500 + lag."

if you dont have the latest patch you will get lagged regardless of the server or your connection. but the weird thing is that it isn't always consistent. somtimes the lag is fine and i get booted.

Enemy Territory simply won't allow you to play on servers that have updated to 1.02 if you don't have the 1.02 patch so your disconnects are probably not because of that. As for newbie servers, I don't now of any but you could play on servers with freindly fire turend off like the one I gave you (66.78.169.120). That way you can avoid the porblem of killing teammates and getting booted for it.

thanks
i like the idea of playing on a server with friendly fire turned off.
does the ping value make a difference in the quality of the play

Ping does make a difference in ET just like an any other multiplayer game. If you have a high ping you will get lag. For me anything higher than 150 gives me lag, below that it works fine. If other players have high ping, they will skip frames making it harder to shoot them. You can check you ping and the ping of other players in ET by pressing TAB in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom