WiTricity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a point to think about, but there are other things to consider what if that child survived and passed on the defect.

For example in my family we through up a few abnormality's every few generations nothing serious in my generation (thank god) I my self have never had a second premolar just like my grand father on my dad's side, this makers my canine grow in the space below giving me quite a nice fang effect. But the geean that causes that can cause serious birth defects ie there are story's about still born children but little is known about the conditions because family records are hazy when it comes to them.

Now that I have this information about the possibility of birth defects (I was told when I was 18) I am apprehensive about having children, and that is down to the fear that they may be born with a condition that can not be treated.

but then you have to consider, is the defective gene that big of a deal if our technology can circumvent its effects?

Possibly. Alot of doctors will tell you that luck plays almost as big a part of medicine as the actual medicine. You might have been lucky to survive your illness, but your spawn might never survive, or gimp on in life, barely holding on.

Plus, imagine what would happen if these disorders started racking up? If a kid had 2 or 3 of these gentics faults... its said.

Myself, my family has a genetic flaw that makes us all poor and stupid. **** it.

^^^lol.

yea, and these questions are sort of unanswerable at this point. maybe as more genetic disorders build up, more technology is created than can fix them. maybe even genetic "surgery" on an embryo. who knows.

but it won't matter if we're all getting cancer from witricity

Why can't we just get the DNA of US at a very early age in development, then when were neer the brink of death, give it the PERFECT conditions to thrive in and set it to the age we are I.e. 90, but because its perfect, its an extremely healthy 90 year old :) then we live forever.

There maybe a few small implications, like transfering knowledge over your brain, only a minor hitch.

Why would it be so hard... :cool:

sorry for the random idea, but then i wudnt spend my night worrying about the critisism i receive from molsen about WiTricity :D Jks.

pat.gif

your DNA does not change as you age

unless, of course, you've been exposed to damaging radiation like witricity

i'm sorry, my brain still hurts from KMAN's last post.

so assuming your DNA did change as you aged, how would you manage to replace all of the DNA in your body???? transferring knowledge to brain??? wtf???

christ.... I thought the education system in the U.S. was bad

DNA don't change as you age, that is why a DNA sample taken when you are 14 will be the same as when your 41, 89, 103 and when you die it's still the same.

DNA can only mutate when you are infected by some forms of mould or if you are exposed to a severe amount of radiation and if you are near a source of radiation that can alter your DNA you are dead already.
Radiation Poisoning wiki

In the British Army we where told how a nuke works and what levels of radiation are lethal to the human body, and the question about altering your DNA was brought up the answer was this "get exposed to that many rads your deader than disco".

On the subject of WiTricity the only problem I can see is what would happen if a projection unit (if it is called that) malfunctiond and shocked some one.

Yeah, DNA is the building block of life, it remains the same.. Unless you go chill-out in Reactor #4 at Chernobyl for a few days... If you live, you might have a change..

ouch yeah Imagine what that would look like if the projection unit failed.... Imagine if they bulit a powerplant that sends out witricity, instead of using power lines, and that one failed...

not good.. It would be like, A 3000 Mega Watt Wi-shock

Molsen, you didnt seriously think i was being serious, you really think im that retarded rofl.

I would of thought the bit of 'Only a few small implacations' would kinda make you realise, maybe not.

i personally believe on a serious note, that when were in our foetus form, we should be put in a CAD/CAM machine and cut into the shape desired by our parents.

Ive survived a mains power electric shock twice :).

I was helping my dad fix his monitor, and erm, kinda held onto the board inside of it, he put the power on. AN dthen my hands fried to the board and blistered and started to bleed all over the bored until finally after about 8 seconds i somehow managed to rip my hands off the board. By that time i was nearly dead and went to hospital. They said that i wasnt nearly dead because my vital organs were unefected because i had L33T Skills for some reason :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom