Wireless Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Just got a new wireless router...it wont connect wirelessly though. It connects fine when hooked up to a cable. i keep getting a very low signal from some linksys router, but i have a netgear router. im pretty sure the linksys is coming from a neighbor or somthing. what do i need to do?

moving to correct forum.....

You are going to have to provide some more info on this one for us in order to look at the issue... What model router are you using? What model wireless adaptor are you using on the host? Do you have any security set up in the router, or is it at factory defaults?

have you logged into the router through an ethernet cable and applyed the correct settings?

To config a router you gotta log into it on a wired pc dont do this through wireless.

All the routers I have had require you to open a webpage and type:

192.168.1.1 that is for netgear and im pretty sure D-link was like that or 192.168.1.0 something close to that.

also your setup is probally like mine since I have a netgear so you can try www.routerlogin.net
I think the default login was like
login:admin
pw:1234

just be sure to change pw after you setup wireless settings/security.

netgear has some decent articles about setting up your wireless router at www.netgear.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom