Wireless Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

novacaine98

Baseband Member
I have a linksys wireless access point router model befw11s4 and three computers. Two of the computers are running windows xp pro and the other is running media center 2005. I've had this setup for quite a while now and everything worked fine until yesterday. For some reason I cannot figure out the computer with media center can't open any websites.

I checked the wireless card configuration and it says that its connected to the network and the signal strength is at 100%. The other two computers have no problems opening any websites. I reset the configuration settings and router. Uninstalled and re-installed the network card but it just won't open any websites.

Can somebody please help me?

You have probably have pick up weither some type of virus or spyware that has messed up your system. Run ad--aware or spybot as well as an anti-virus scan. Another good idea is to use a program called Hijack-this, save the log file (do not remove ANYTHING) and post it here. If I see it I will check it out, I'm sure that there ore others that can as well.

I ran a norton anti-virus scan, lavasoft adware scan and spybot search and destroy scan. They all came up clean.

no can u sign into any messaging services ..if you can then ur IE has taken a turn for the worst download Mozila

Ohh on that computer norton's definitions are out of date. I have the up to date definitions on another computer. Is there a file I can copy over to update the definitions?

You should be able to update the definitions over a network, link the 2 computers with a cat-5 cable.

I only have one cat-5 cable and it's connected to the router and computer one. If I remove it then I won't be able to access the internet. Also the two computers are nowhere near each other hence the reason I'm using for computers two and three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom