Wireless LAN drops out

Status
Not open for further replies.

and_tyler_said

Beta member
Ive got a wireless LAN at home connecting to 3 computers.

Ive got a Belkin ADSL modem with built in Wireless router connecting to a MSI 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter.

Usually when i'm doing internet heavy stuff (downloading) the LAN (not just the net) drops out for about 10 seconds and then reconnects. This can happen every few hours, and always with all computers at the same time.

My signal strength is excellent.

What the hell is going on and how can I stop it?

hm, belkin has good signal efficency, but I have encountered similar problems (recently installed on friends network). Thanks God, i went for USR 9106, else I have been busting in anger as well.

linksys ownes...and will get better due to Cisco buying them. Yes! anyways, if your signal strength drops all the time it _could_ be what the signal is trying to go threw. Be it walls, celings, insilation, steal studd, door frames. Basicly almost anything could interfear with it, so the best thing to do is take your laptop and take a walk around to see how the signal holds. At my gfs place she cant go into the garage (5 feet away from the router) because of the insilation/walls between them. If the signal drops or fades in and out wile the laptop is right besie the router then this probibly wont help... but its still go to see what kills the signal and what doesnt.

my bro has the same problem, but its just on his computer, not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom