Wireless Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfX

Baseband Member
Hi,

For some reason my mom's laptop computer is not receiving internet access. We have two computers with a connection to a router, which is a Dell Truemobile 2300 which works fine, we can get an internet connection perfectly. We also have two laptops, My mom's and my Dad's.

My dad's connection works fine, it's just my moms that is the problem.
So the whole house connection is fine except for this laptop.
This is the second time this has happened, The first time the connection went down for maybe a week or two and then all of a sudden the connection came back up.

We haven't had a connecion for three days now, and I have no idea why it is doing it.

The two laptops are both on a wireless connection so how could one work, and the other cant?

Sorry if thats not enough info, But if you guys could reply that would be great so I can get this thing working.

Thanks so much

try logging on to the router and setting a static ip address for the router according to the mac address. also make sure that the network is viewable from laptop. also check and make sure that the laptop automatically receives an ip address and dns.

if that doesnt help let me know

You want me to log into the router on the laptop?
I try and it wont go to the page, it says The Page cannot be displayed

http://127.0.01 right?

How do I check if I automatically recieve IP and DNS

Thanks

The best thing is to try to log onto the router from a "hard wired" computer. Not a computer that is wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom