Wireless cards signal hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just bought a new router because my old one crapped out on me. Got a linksys WRT54GS, the 802.11g one with their speedboster.
For some reason or another the wireless computers accessing the router signal hop. I will configure them, and they will work great for a little while. The cards in the computers are DLINK802.11b+ (Their little 22MBPS standard) Then they will bounce to a different signal. Either the Netgear next door or the linksys down the street.
I have encryption enabled, and the key strings on all of the wireless workstations are the same. I have checked this extensively. The SSID is correct, case is correct as well, on each machine. I do not have MAC filters enabled, and I am using DHCP. I do not have a server running or anything, I just am using the router to share my internet connection. I have everything configured correctly. I know this because I can access my other computers and the internet for a while. But then I will get a weak signal and they will be associating with "Any" SSID host. "Any" is actually the word the appears in the SSID box of the dlink configurator. This is annoying the piss out of me, and my parents need the internet for work. And if it dosent work, that sucks. And it's making me feel like a dumbass.

Oh yeah, and I have the latest firmware installed too.

switch to cables ;)
I uswed to have wireless, and man i hated it, we had to unplug the router 100 times a day to get a signal.. lol
and we also would get connected to neighbors etc.. Its up to u, but wireless just isnt whats best, cables are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom