Wired Lan Connection to Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aagen

Beta member
I am New in this forum and have few questions to ask.

Recently, I have purchased a D-Link Router to form a WAN-LAN connection between two computers but still want to form another wireless connections with another computer with this router. And alsp this router do not have an uplink capability.

So my questions are:

1) Can this router be connected to another RJ-45 hub that have an uplink for wireless connection?

2) Do i have to get a new router that must have uplink capability in order to form a wireless connection?

Thanks you for any response and any suggestion of configurations will be appreciated.

Best regards
Aagen

Well, you can still setup your wireless connection but you will have to get a router that has wireless capabilities.
I also have a D-Link Wired router that has several computers going off of ports 1, 2 and 3. On port 4 I have the connection going to a Wireless Linksys router. On this wireless router I have several wireless devices going off of it such as this laptop that I'm using.
On the wireless router, you will have to use a static IP address. The address can be anything you want but must contain the DNS servers that you are using on your wired router and it MUST also contain the internal IP address of your wired router as the gateway address.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom