wire vs. wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with wired, unless you dont feel like running wires. If you do go with wired and you have a laptop or get a laptop later on, then just buy a wireless access point.

Wired is always better & more reliable but do ya want to deal with all the cables. Nice if ya had RJ45 jacks throughout your place.

house value increase...

Also if you go wired (which I agree with right now with the wireless technologies out there) and place outlets in your home, the value increases a tiny bit.
A little incentive if you own your home.

Worked4me said:
I agree with the other guys that the wired setup is
going to offer the best performance. Try to buy
a decent quality 10/100 NIC for the computers if
you will be Gaming.

Buying a more expensive NIC will only increase actual speed and decrease latency by a very minute ammount, as long as the NIC is FCC certified (99% are) then its good to go
icon14.gif

right now we have a wired network, with three computers hooked up to it, we have shared data and are on a cable modem.... we have been moving our rooms around and haveing the cables coming from up under the carpet is a pain to keep going under the house... anyway, we have a linksys router and I was wondering what wireless router and pci cards to get? i don't want to lose speed.

If your Happy with your linksys Hardware ya got now Stick with Linksys Products. I use the Linksys WRT54G Router with WUSB11 Adaptors for my other 2 PC's. It was a little bit of a pain in the Arse to set it up initially but it's very Reliable. Check this Link.

http://www.linksys.com/products/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom