Wine issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindHacked

Solid State Member
ok so im new with wine and im not 100% sure on how to use it. . . im trying to get WoW off my comp and get it reinstalled but it comes up as a WoW DvD on the screen

how to I go from DvD to amazing installer ?

Wine AppDB - World of Warcraft

As i told you in PM you had to check the Wine site to check for compatibility. Read thru the list there and find out what version of the installer you have. If it is a obsolete version find out why it doesnt work.

But i am sure you should just be able to double click on the DVD and run the setup.exe.

I tried what you said. . . . I also checked out and when I put it through the Wine Windows Emulator task it did nothing and just wound my computer up then slowed down

Well talk to the people over there. They will tell you how to get it working. They designed the application so they should be able to help you solve the issue.

Figure out where it's mounted, then point WINE at the setup file.

/media/cdrom, for example, might be where it's mounted, so you'd run "wine /meida/cdrom/setup.exe" or whatever. You can figure it out.

Always use WINE from the terminal until you know the program works 100%, 'cause you'll usually get some errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom