Windows Vista 32-bit problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack.Miller

Beta member
Problem

I am fixing a computer for my mum. It is a Acer F3S. It will not boot up, if it does, I get a BSOD on Start Windows Normally, Debugging Mode etc... I am unable to start in Safe Mode due to it saying that it can't start up due to Windows Vista Install not finished. I have no recovery disks for it ethier.

I switched the computer settings so it wouldn't restart after a BSOD. This is the error thats causing problems: nvlddmkm.sys

I think typed that into google and found it was the nVidia Graphics Card that is causing some problems. So my question is how can I disable the graphics card so I can try and get on, I think the graphics card may of burned out after 1.5 Years of use.

Also if anyone has a disc image file for a Windows Vista 32-bit F3S Model Recovery Disc then please give me a link!

When I had a Windows XP machine the computer had a Recovery thing on it and I just typed in "FIXBOOT" and bam, it was repaired. Does Windows Vista not have this?

By the way, I am not botherd if I have to format the Hard Drive to fix this, bu if possible try and save it or at least tell me how I can get some stuff off it.

Sorry for big post, thanks!

Start the computer up in Safe Mode. Then go to Add and Remove Programs and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics Driver. Restart the computer, download the newest correct driver for your video card and install it.

Vista and 7 do not have the repair installation - which essentially reinstalled the OS keeping your programs and personal files in tact.

They do however have the recovery console.

Hi! How can I acsess the recovery console? and to Slaymate, I can't acsess Safe Mode as I have already said in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom