Windows Movie Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Since I finally got a good computer I decided to finish up the RPG montage for COD4 that i was making :). I recorded all the videos on my other computer and I transferred them to my new computer. The videos are MPEG2 and they work fine in windows media player 11 but when I open them in windows movie maker they are all choppy this makes it so I can't edit them well and I would like to know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

This happens to many video editing software, what is going on is the file is rendered perfectly when you simply play it in a video player. Once you start editing, the program tries to render all the frames at once but, of course, is not powerful enough when editing. In many editing software there is usually an option not to render frames whilst editing. The choppiness will not appear in the final product, but it may be quite hard to edit with all the choppiness. If you really can't edit with all the choppiness, all I could suggest is to actually buy good video editing software. If your tough on money, there are a few free ones out there which aren't all that bad. Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom