Windows Boot Error 0xc0000225

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I was playing a game when my computer locked up. I tried to ctrl-alt-del, etc... My last option was to hit my reset switch. When I start the computer it comes to a Windows Boot Manager screen. It says to insert windows 7 installation disc, restart. "Repair your computer". I tried this, it found a boot error. I then let it correct the error and restart. My pc went to the same screen. I tried to repair again, but no errors were found. I then tried to use repair tools from the install disc, but I don't have the right version or something. It's the same disc i used to install Windows 7...

My error in Windows Boot Manager is.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Most searches say this happens when partitioning. I have not partitioned in months. I was gaming. They also say to reformat... I have a lot of very important information, personal and business, that I can't afford to lose. Is there any way to correct this problem other than reformatting? If there is, please let me know. I don't care how long it will take me to correct as long as I can fix this.

Thank you

Update

I got my computer to update into safe mode via F8 (which I had forgotten all about). Now I don't know how to figure out why my system will not start normally. Still need help :)

Well I messed with this problem all day long, on my day off no less, and I finally got the OS to boot in Safe Mode. I tested my drivers, etc... Came to be my graphics card is done for. It would work without device drivers, but as soon as I loaded any drivers my pc would hang at the windows screen where the logo pulsates, then BSOD.

Stop: 0x00000116
nvlddmkm.sys

I switched the video card out with an old 6800 GT and everything works fine. Just can't play any games that I normally play.

A few months ago I baked my video card. You can find the trick on youtube or google. It fixed it and it worked great for months. I'm going to try it again until I can buy a new card.

Guess this is solved :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom