Windows 95 wont fullscreen

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
I have a windows 95 system at work(yes I know, wow). After a power outage the system will not full screen anything. It loads with a 1" black border around the screen. The monitor is a touch screen and it recognizes touch on every part of the screen as if it will full but the cursor stays in the program window. I just reformatting the hdd to an how it was before the outage. That doesnt have any effect.

its got a cryix xpress graphics chip on board. im thinking it has something to do with the resolution but it wont go any higher than 800x600.

Any thoughts? Trying to google this error didnt help much as it keeps directing me to windows 7 and windows 8 issues lol

Well... If you can manage to find one, try updating the graphics driver :tongue:

Out of curiosity.. Why are you still on Win95?!

Company I work for uses a very old system that only works with windows 95/98 lol

Sometimes its a pain working on these old systems. No one here has any idea what to do. I tried looking for updated drivers but we use old tiny micro atx boards that dont have usb slots so thumb drive is not an option. Also I dont see a way to hook a floppy drive up to it >.< Its a custom board made for these computers from a long time ago. We're all younger guys working on these things so its pretty funny.

I usually call the head office for issues like this but since its saturday there's no one there. Figured I would try here.

Does the touch screen monitor have settings to enlarge the picture? most monitors have adjustments

800 x 600 is probably the best you can get with '95

Back
Top Bottom