Windows 8 Internet Problems After Sleep Mode

Yerfdog

In Runtime
I got a new computer a few days ago (An HP Envy Phoenix 800-060), and it came with Windows 8. I've noticed that whenever it goes into Sleep Mode, the internet doesn't function properly when it comes out of it. After coming out of Sleep Mode, it won't load any webpages (at least through Google Chrome), and when I check the connection by clicking on the icon on the right side of the taskbar and it shows the connection information the right, the Connections appear normal ("YERFDOG-laptop_Network Connected"), but the Wi-Fi 2 (same name) flickers between being normal and "Limited".

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be and how to fix it?

No.

There's should be a setting under Device Manager's properties for that device. Should be a checkbox that says "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power?"

Uncheck that and see if that fixes your issues.

I found the adapter in the Device Manager and changed the setting as you said. It /appears/ to have fixed the problem, but I've only tested it for the computer being in sleep mode only a few seconds or minutes. I'll see how it works for when it's left in sleep mode for a long time and tell you if it's fixed the problem entirely.

Back
Top Bottom