Windows 7 Taskbar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDarkShadow

Beta member
Hopefully I can describe this problem so you guys can understand this and help me out. I have posted on a few forums and no one seems to be able to help me. If you need anymore information let me know

I am running windows 7 64-bit. About 2 weeks ago, things started running weird. I have probably 14-15 icons running across the bottom of the screen. Usually, I could hover over an icon that was open and get a small window that showed what was on that window, like a preview. With Firefox, I could switch the different tabs I had open as well with this feature.

Now, when I try to hover over this icon, the preview window randomly flashes when I move the mouse, wont show up when I keep the mouse still, and won't let me change tabs in Firefox. If I minimize my windows, I have to close everything and reopen it to see it again. Also, my Alt-tab window flashes and wont let me choose anything to select.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have ran my virus scanners, rolled back to a previous date before this started, checked for malware and turned off the windows aero effect and nothing has fixed it. Any clues?

Right click on the Taskbar, not the Desktop, and choose Properties. All your options are listed there.

I have tried the options on the task bar and none of them seem to help me. I may try to fraps or capture a video of what is happening so people can better understand it. Coming from experience its always difficult to relay in words whats actually happening

That is called Aero Peek. It is crashing on you or not functioning properly with the open windows.

Its not functioning properly for me. When I try to peek at the open windows, the preview screen flashes when I move the mouse over the icon. It wont allow me to switch windows

Yes that is exactly what I had said. You didnt know the name of it. You were trying to describe it. I gave you the name and what is wrong. It isnt something that can be fixed easily cause it is tied into many aspects of the OS. Your best bet is to go into the Windows Functions and turn off Aero Peek for a while and do some testing on your RAM and Video Card. After those test out fine you can turn it back on and see if maybe it kicks back on.

90% of the time when Aero Peek starts to fail, a reinstall is next to happen. There is no way to fix these errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom