Windows 7 key regarding both 32bit and 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xandubomb

In Runtime
The key that they provide when you download Windows 7....does that only apply to the version you download? I downloaded 32bit, but wanted to try 64bit, but I don't know if the key they provided me will also work with 64bit.

Unfortunately the downloads for Windows 7 are closed. :(

They have a specific key for 32 Bit and a specific key for 64 Bit. At least thru the public they did. I do not know if the 32 Bit will work or if they have the Beta locked down for serial access.

Can try it. But i can not guarantee success. As i do know that there was separate versions.

I thought they were supposed to be interchangeable. Maybe not for the Beta I guess...but for the RTM version aren't they? Would be silly to do that in Vista and not in 7.

For the final it most likely will be. But from what i have seen with the beta they have it locked down to only accept certain serials. Sicne some of the other serials i have tried dont work now. Namely the 6801 serial.

So some changes were made. What they were i can not be sure of. But most likely for the RTM it will be interchangeable. I am just going by what i have experienced with the Beta and knowing that they offered 2 different sets of serials to the public.

since I have a few keys I won't be using.. I grabbed a couple for each as when the page refreshed for the download I noticed it gave a new key each time and I downloaded the 64 bit a few times as I thought I was getting a bad file.

so would it be bad to share any I won't be using/needing? it is just a Beta and not a liscensed copy.

please advise, thanks.

If the staff here say its ok, I will start the bidding @ 1 million ;)

Sharing the serials is against the EULA and TOS of Windows. Even for a Beta. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom