Windows 7 "Forgets" Bluetooth Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (Microsoft 5000 and 6000 models respectively) and an ASUS mini-Bluetooth adapter. While not my primary mouse and keyboard, I often use them when using my computer with the TV. It used to work fine, but lately Windows seems to be "forgetting" the devices after a restart or two.

I pair up both devices and it works fine. If I restart, it will generally still work. If I reboot it but don't connect the keyboard or mouse , use it without them for a few days, and then try to use the Bluetooth devices, they will not be listed in the Devices menu and will need to be re-paired. This is a pain when I'm using them as primary devices (usually if I take my PC to a friend's house) because then I have to borrow a USB keyboard or mouse to set it back up.

My laptop does not seem to have this issue and it is configured almost the same (Win7 64 bit, paired with an identical mouse, it hasn't been connected in weeks but is still shown in Devices).

Does your laptop have internal Bluetooth? Your downfall might be the USB. Not sure though, never messed with that before.

Yeah, my laptop has internal Bluetooth, desktop has USB, but the truth is that most internal Bluetooth modules are USB anyways, connecting to a USB header on the motherboard. It used to work fine on my desktop and just recently stopped working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom