Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I just hope the disk I get will work with my rig. It should, but I dunno with the way it has been acting lately.

Downloading at 3.0MB/sec... 83% done, 2 minutes left... Gonna burn to dvd if I can find a blank... And most likely do a flat out clean install.

You gotta love Microsoft's download servers! I think mine fully downloaded in like 20 minutes if not faster.

You gotta love Microsoft's download servers! I think mine fully downloaded in like 20 minutes if not faster.

Yes M$ really seems to be on the ball with this download today. Link was live very early. From early report almost at Midnight GMT. which is very unusual. Not to mention they have allocated several extra servers to handle the load.

There hasnt been any reports yet that i have seen about slow or even disconnecting downloads like there was previously.

yo mak...is it worth testin this win 7 out?
will my gaming or any other performanes increase or anythin???

i've been reading through this thread but i've missed out on a lot of the discussions...but as a simple general answer...should i bother with it?

and should i go with 32 or 64 bit?

I cant answer teh gaming question, cause well i dont know what games you run, what performance you get now. So i cant answer if you will get a increase.

I do know that this is on par with XP performance wise for me.

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Review - Computer Forums

So i cant answer that question for you. You have to answer it for yourself. All the information is here and in the 3 review threads i wrote up. Nothing more i can say.

Personally i would. but that is me.

How do you get xp mode and virtual pc to work?? I just keep getting a message saying somethings not supported on my laptop. But I hear there is something that you can turn on in you bios but I'm not sure what that is.

Also i you are like me and get pretty much all the builds of 7 and don't want to waste a dvd every time that you will likely only use once you can do this. It says its for windows vista but it works with 7 too.

Install Windows Vista from Bootable USB Flash Memory Drive

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-7-s-xp-mode-requirements-206322/

There are very FEW people that will be able to use XP Mode. It is solely dependent on the CPU you have and if it have hardware level virtualization. Since you installed this on your laptop i wouldnt think that your CPU would be ready for this.

It is mainly a Business Feature. Not a feature for gamers.

I use DVD-RW. Never wasted a DVD. Since you can format them.

charles_scott said:
Downloading at 3.0MB/sec... 83% done, 2 minutes left... Gonna burn to dvd if I can find a blank... And most likely do a flat out clean install.
This time is a lot better than with the Vista one, eh Charles? ;)

Back
Top Bottom