Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 News

The Windows 7 operating system is for the most part a stable and reliable operating system. It is that stable that several companies decided to make the switch to it without waiting for the release of Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Many companies and system administrators waited until the first service pack was released before they made the switch to a new operating system in their companies and computer networks.
With Windows 7 that seems unnecessary. Rumors about the Windows 7 service pack 1 have made their rounds in the last weeks with most suggesting a release in the fourth quarter of 2010, around a year after Windows 7 has been released.

Is there a way I can permanently disable Windows from showing the "windows has detected that your computer's performance is slow" message? Even if I click "keep the current colour scheme and don't show this message again", I still get it sometimes.

It only occurs occasionally if I'm playing a game, for example DiRT 2. It causes the came to crash, usually when I'm right in the middle of a race, even though it's running 100% smoothly before Windows arbitrarily decides that it's too slow.
My hardware is definitely not slow (Phenom II 965 @ 4GHz, 1GB 5870 @ 950/1200, 8GB DDR3-1600)

Free Windows7 CD Handouts to Schools in Russia

The free delivery in the Russian school system of Windows 7 was guided by the desire to give students and teachers the opportunity to learn and work on the most modern software. This commitment is to have final delivery by the end of April 2010. Copies are to be installed not only on the computers belonging to the schools themselves, but also on the home PCs of teachers.

7 Reasons Why Windows 98 is Better Than Windows 7

Windows 7 is okay, I suppose. It gets the job done. If I need to open up Word or play a game of Solitaire, it can do it. I guess. But you know what was a great operating system? Windows 98. I don't know why people cling to XP when they could cling to something that is even older and, therefore, better

Windows 7 contains alien binaries [Updated]

There has been speculation ever since the launch of Windows Vista that the US government wanted a back door into the Bitlocker security system that Microsoft introduced with that OS, to encrypt hard disks, and later partitions and removable drives. They weren't successful.
Now it appears that some high level officials at the Pentagon did manage....

Microsoft Offering Windows 7 Upgrade Deals

Microsoft is offering upgrade deals on Windows 7 beginning tomorrow. If you are not satisfied with the version purchased, you will have until July 3rd to take advantage of this promotion.

A feature called Windows Anytime Upgrade lets users buy a code and unlock new features, a process that the software maker says can be done in just 10 minutes.

i just joined this forum i am a novice when it comes to computers compare to you guys. i am trying to create a partition on my external drive, Not a virtual one. U see my drive is in fat32 and i like a idiot did not format it but i just want to partition about 20 GB to format in NTFS to run XP using virtual-box. now i downloaded cygwin in virtual-box and when it was installing it said the disk was too full and this was because of the FAT32 format the external is in. Now my question is how can i partition the drive and format the partition. NOte that i have a mac and im using bootcamp so i dont think i can boot from the cd when the comouter is loading up plz help

SP1 is Windows 7's “Snow Leopard”

One of the complaints against the most recent version of Mac OSX is the fact that Snow Leopard was mostly seen as a Service Pack to its ancestor Leopard. There is nothing wrong with this model. The service pack is supposed to refine the base OS into a smoother, more seamless user experience. Sometimes adding features and [...]

what ever happened to the desktop cleanup wizard in vista and 7 I cannot find it in either vista or 7. Did they remove it?

Back
Top Bottom