Windows 7 editions help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct

You need a registered version of Vista or Windows XP to "upgrade" to Windows 7
Anyway, I prefer full versions

I swear Microsoft make the whole thing unnessarily confusing.

They should just do the basic version for £55 (an acceptable price between Upgrade and full edition pricing schemes), and you can install it however you want (upgrade, full install) no matter what you currently have on your PC. Simples! :cool:

Actually strictly speaking the "hack up" vista that may work, and will likely be posted everywhere around the Net, is against MS EULA (hmm, Actually I think MS are still working on that Windows 7 definitive what's allowed)
Anyway, as you said, we'll know in 10 days
The funny part is that Microsoft themselves offer that as a solution. I have seen MSFT people give that as a solution for many issues on the TechNET forums. Not just from MVP's but from actual people who work for Microsoft. Which is the only reason why i stated it.

Microsoft will have to do something as there are far more people on XP than they expected at this time and there is no upgrade option from XP. So they are going to have to offer some way for people to use the Upgrade Media to do installs. It is even stated by Microsoft that a full reinstall will need to be done on their FAQ pages. But at this time they dont say if or how it can be done.
forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds or threadjacking. I have a simple question that I don't think needs a new thread. I have a laptop I bought used. had to replace the hard drive. I do not have anthing for the vista that was on it, I installed win7 RC 7100. now I will need to buy the full version of win7 right?

Yes. :wink_tongue::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom