Will these upgrades fit?

I sent some posts with good computers that i saw on my local craigslist which im probably gonna get but its taking forever to get approved

Does your GPU packaging have a minimum PSU wattage? It will be on the back. My 1030 GPU needs a minimum of 300 watts, and believe it when you read it. I was using a 125w PSU after installing the GPU and it kept freezing, upgrading to a Insignia 400w PSU and boom, problem solved.

Does your GPU packaging have a minimum PSU wattage? It will be on the back. My 1030 GPU needs a minimum of 300 watts, and believe it when you read it. I was using a 125w PSU after installing the GPU and it kept freezing, upgrading to a Insignia 400w PSU and boom, problem solved.
Paired with what? The 1030 takes a whopping 30W so if it was causing issues your previous PSU was already on it's way out.

The PSU was pretty bad yeah, but the GPU pushed it over it's edge while it was dying. I'm just referring to the recommended wattage posted on the back of the packaging. All it took was a new PSU to have my computer running fine without freezing. If his computer is gonna be using, lets say, 250 watts, there really isn't a need for a 400 watt power supply cause (correct me if I am wrong here) an extra 150 watts is just dead weight and less money in his pocket.

Quality goes a long ways. Units like your Insignia advertised max peak, whereas units like the eVGA can sustain the advertised capacity. Most older pre-builts have a pretty bad OEM PSU unlike the newer stuff. I also have a feeling in the near future he's gonna find these hardware combos won't work too well for CSGO and will want a better GPU.

I can understand that, my GPU was just a pressure buy cause i was running a ASUS 256mb card for awhile. Ill be trading up to the GT 1050 soon then something better down the road when I do heavy gaming.

I have the GT 1030 and it has amazed me. There isn't really a game i cant run with it besides stuff like ARK, Black ops 3, etc. Basically anything 2015ish and under. Ive also got 2160p almost all the time and 4k videos.

Back
Top Bottom