Wii games for the one handed gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakec

Daemon Poster
Good evening/morning/afternoon

I have a small issue, I recently acquired a Nintendo Wii for my Birthday, unfortunately having a disability I am limited to the use of one hand. To play games I use the Wii remote but unfortunately allot of the games require the stupid "nun chuck" add on.

I have looked online and found modified remotes etc. but no definite One handed games for wii remote only (other than wii sports) does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jake

Wii sports have an option for Tennis and baseball, uhrmm..

Warioware Smooth moves could be an option ( Im not certain ) only the First Section of the Game.. but Second section requires Nunchuck Capability

also Excite Truck & Tiger Woods

i heard about a war veteran who lost his arm and wanted to play xbox and they made him his own 1 handed xbox controller.

There isn't a way to get around or disable the nun chuck add on? I don't have a Wii, i just play on my friends a little bit.

i heard about a war veteran who lost his arm and wanted to play xbox and they made him his own 1 handed xbox controller.

There isn't a way to get around or disable the nun chuck add on? I don't have a Wii, i just play on my friends a little bit.

There is no way to effectively play the xbox one handed. You need two fingers for the analog sticks and three fingers cannot compare to 8.

One handed Wii games:

Zack and Wiki
Trauma Center: New Blood (I'm 99% sure)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Arcade Mode (maybe good for a rental? The arcade mode is somewhat short)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn**

**Fire Emblem is turn based using only the Wii Remote sideways. You wouldn't be able to hold it properly but you could easily play by moving your hand from the d-pad to the 1 and 2 buttons.

thanks for all the help, found a small list

Mario Party 8 (unconfirmed)
Metal Slug Anthology (can be played one handed with JUST the numchuck as well which might be better for some)
Monster 4x4: World Circuit with Wheel
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Swing Golf
Tony Hawk Down Hill Jam
Wii Play
Super Monkey Ball (a few unlockable mini games that a unlock require the numchuck but aren't required to be played)

Warioware (Several unlockable levels require the numchuck but those sections can be ignored by all players)

as well as several modified remotes, however all very big and "bulky" design not sure if it is what I'm looking for

thanks again for all your help

Jake

There are some parts of Mario Party 8 which require the num-chuck. However a majority of the game uses just the Wiimote.

I am in a similar situation, my wife has limited cerebral palsy that results in diminished control of her left side. So while she does have a hand that can hold the controller, she does not have the dexterity to meaningfully do much with it. She could, for instance, play boxing.

I just noticed that Mercury : Meltdown Revolution is entirely done by the remote. So that's one for the list.

Be careful as well with the various games where it may say remote only, but what that means is "turn the remote sideways and work the buttons on both ends of the remote rapidly." At best, somebody in our situation might be able to hold the remote in one hand while working the buttons with the other, but rapidly switching between both ends of the remote (as opposed to using thumbs as a regular two handed gamer would) is not really a good way to play. In general, one-handed remote operation needs to be something involving swinging (such as tennis or other physical games), or pointing and shooting. Not so much with the traditional console / arrow pad controls.

Duane
Duane's Brain

Yeah thats the issue I have I just bought "excite truck" it requires you to hold the remote sideways and use the "1 and 2" buttons and the arrow keys at once and you steer by moving the wii remote sideways. Trying to play said game is tricky as a consequence

PS I also have Cerebral palsy which affects the use of my left side. I have very limited use of my left hand. it is very handy to hang stuff on through things like shopping bags and stuff ;p

Jake

There is no way to effectively play the xbox one handed. You need two fingers for the analog sticks and three fingers cannot compare to 8.

apparently there is.. you can go google it if you dont belive me... i saw it on yahoo and aol news about a month ago. They made a special controller just for a war veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom