why do pc game get released later?

john88450

Solid State Member
Why do all video games for pc come out later then console games? For ex assassin's creed 3 came out on tuesday and for pc it comes out nov 20th :(

Because they have to port it then give it a quick bug test.

Usually that is the case but I think it's just because consoles have an exclusive deal to be released ahead of PC.

Because the companies will make more from Console Releases than from Pirates who steal the PC releases.

But yes porting is an issue as well. But no matter how much people want to argue, PC pirating is more rampant than XBOX or PS pirating.

Because the companies will make more from Console Releases than from Pirates who steal the PC releases.

But yes porting is an issue as well. But no matter how much people want to argue, PC pirating is more rampant than XBOX or PS pirating.

Not everybody who pirates doesn't buy; a lot of people that pirate the game use it as a "trial" and then buy the full game if they like it or want to play multiplayer to support the developers.

I'd put up a slight argument about the Xbox piracy not being rampant... almost everyone I know that has an Xbox, has it modded and burns games. PS3 isn't as rampant because Sony keeps locking the root key out.

PS2 on the other hand... was rampant as well as original Xbox back in the day.

On topic:
Like PP and Mak both said, porting takes time, and a lot of the times they have exclusive deals to release on console before PC (which nets them more money). Not as many people play PC games as console games nowadays.

Furthermore, the games that get pirated and are still good have more than decent sales taboot. Been proven time and time again that if the game is good and it's pirated it will be bought too.

Edit: The games that are ported after console release take about 6 or so months. The games that come out on PC slightly after on console the developers are just trying to get some consoles sales in first.

I also want to add this, ALL 360 and PS3 games that come out are released early in the pirating community. I hardly ever see a PC release come out before the release date. Something to think about.

Last edited:
Usually that is the case but I think it's just because consoles have an exclusive deal to be released ahead of PC.

I strongly believe that. Look at X-Box and the Halo Franchise. The choice to release Halo 2 on Xbox and then have Halo 3 come out on XBox 360 was purely done to sell the next gen console.

Halo 3 was a huge improvement over Halo 2 graphically. There is no way Halo 3 would have been able to be played on the original Xbox. I do agree on exclusivity though. Halo isn't released on PC anymore because they want sales only on Xbox 360.

Halo 3 was a huge improvement over Halo 2 graphically. There is no way Halo 3 would have been able to be played on the original Xbox.

Totally agree with you. However was I do not like is the To Be Continued Halo 2 ending on Xbox when the next game will be on a next gen console. I just find that it's a cheap trick to get people to purchase a next gen console.

Why do all video games for pc come out later then console games?

Really have not been noticing this. I have been finding that most games that have been released on multiple platforms have all been coming out at the same time. About the only difference has been is release dates between regions.

Why do all video games for pc come out later then console games? For ex assassin's creed 3 came out on tuesday and for pc it comes out nov 20th :(

Hi there,
PC games are released later than console games because they run on a totally different operating system. They have to recreate the whole game for other operation system and then run a bug test.

Hope this helps,
TechWiz

Back
Top Bottom