Who's hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running one SMP client on a dual xeon (8 cores total baby), one "normal" smp client (only 25% cpu usage) on a Q6600, and I just started another SMP client about a week ago on a 24" iMac, but it died today lol.

Thats wierd..... Kmotes ppd is at 14k with last 24hrs at 20,040 and my last 24hrs was 20,050.

I must not be understanding where youre pulling your numbers from.

Edit

Ah, I see wheres its running, Yha i had a bad wu 24hr eue stop me for 5 hrs, so my day was down.

its not ppd... its a "so far today..." pie

@soul: how come the smp on the q6600 is only 25% cpu? also you should try running some big units on that 8 core xeon... 25k a day easily

jan12.png

^ I don't think so. I downloaded the same one I'm running on the xeon machine. I can see it utilising all four cores, but there's only one thread. On the xeon there's 4 threads, totalling 50% cpu usage (Didn't install another client because I don't want to run it at 100%)

Also you should try running some big units on that 8 core xeon... 25k a day easily

You mean set the -bigadv flag (or whatever it is)?

thats weird... you have the -smp flag set right?

ideally for the big units you would use a linux VM (or native linux), but if you dont want to run it at 100% i wouldnt bother with the big WU's... mant that would be sweet though lol

Yeah, -smp is set on both. What's weird?
And yeah, I don't think running the company's webclock server at 100% 24/7 would be a good idea lol

A smp will have 4 core_a1 threads running, and 100% of a quad.

Big advances are not for the new to folding, and consume lots of cpu, all 8 cores of the dual xenons.

Casn you post the part of the quads log of its start up? from the **************** down bout 10 lines?

Or ensure that you have the a1 core running

aaah. No you're right, I do have the unicore installed on the Q6600. Again, I don't really want it running at 100% which is probably why I didn't install the SMP. I think I'll install another unicore tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom