Who watches the Watchmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now the thread merge looks like I'm just saying the same thing over and over...

So... I haven't seen it yet! :p

Sunday @ 7pm finally.

Being a fan of the graphic novel I had mixed feelings about the movie. When I say fan I mean diehard-fan and no other comic even compares to Watchmen; so naturally I was unsure the movie was even going to be any good.

The acting was great. Everyone was telling me how amazing Jackie Earle Haley was as Rorschach (some people even claiming his performance above the joker's). Billy Crudup did an excellent Dr. Manhattan, Patrick Wilson was...after some thought the most solid, true-to-the-comic performer. His portrayal of Night Owl, i think, would satisfy Alan Moore himself. I didn't care for Silk Spectre or Veidt, but I don't have any real complaints. The Comedian was great aswell.

Ultimately, I can't compare the two...the graphic novel is miles ahead of the movie even when the movie stays unquestionably faithful to the comic (except the end).

I still have mixed feelings about the movie....Was it better than say...the Dark Knight? It's difficult to compare it to other superhero movies when it asks such deep, real life questions of morality.

Critics talk about how the movie felt confined as if it was trying to compress a much too large story into a 2 hour showing, but it didn't....the story is fast paced even in the book.

I'm not sure if people who haven't read the book will care, or even get the message of watchmen completely. But it was a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom