Which smart phone?

ok i am total fail at this. I ripped full CD onto my PC hard drive , then copied to phone via syncing the phone and it said it did work. When in the PC I go to mycomputer/droid/music the music plays fine -even after deleting the music on the hard drive just to make sure that it was definitely coming from the phone. But I cant find it or play it on the phone when it is not plugged into a PC. DO I need an special APP or something to play my own music? or DO I have to pay for music again because of copyright stuff - so the phone purposely won't play music or movies that I copy to it, forcing me to pay for music I stuff that I already have paid for in the past?

Last edited:
Usually when you rip from a CD it doesn't carry DRM with it.

What app are you trying to play the music with? Would recommend just trying Play Music or w/e stock music app your phone came with. It should scan your phone - may need to manually force it to scan the media as well (check the app's settings).

Ripping songs off of YouTube is technically illegal ;)
Technically for personal use it's blanketed by fair use. For commercial use or for profit it's illegal under copyright. It's why the sites are still up after Google took down the first music ripper site and redid their terms of service.

I thought fair use was for reusing in another medium, not specifically for "personal use" as in listening to it on your own?

That's where it gets fuzzy, cause what's the difference between using the music off Youtube and upping your own free video with it or listening on your PC? They can copyright claim the music on the video but won't receive ad revenue unless the views are high enough. Or, channels like Suicide Sheep that hashes out a lot of artists music for free on that channel vs ripping an MP3 from the 3rd party for personal use. Neither of which gaining profit. It's a hairy area, but if it wasn't blanketed all ripping sites like the first one would have been taken down by now.

Ok figured it out- the phone had a bad sim card- they replaced it and I was able to download/sync my CD that I had put on my PC hard drive just fine. So - Maybe I am not a dumb as I thought and I was doing it correctly the first time. So far I like the phone - good camera. The thing is now holding the 4G signal much better as well with the new sim card in it.

Ok figured it out- the phone had a bad sim card- they replaced it and I was able to download/sync my CD that I had put on my PC hard drive just fine. So - Maybe I am not a dumb as I thought and I was doing it correctly the first time. So far I like the phone - good camera. The thing is now holding the 4G signal much better as well with the new sim card in it.

Hi Acerinpa,

Maybe you should consider getting a Spotify premium account. You can pay 9.99 per month and have all the musics from all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom