Which smart phone?

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Well I think I finally decided to get a smart phone for myself - thanks for the ASUS Z phone review Trotter-good stuff. Of coarse Verizon what me to get one of their phones and do the lease thing for 20-30 bucks a month ( getting a Droid Turbo , Samsung ( 5s or 6s) or iphone (5 or 6). I am on a Verizon business plan - 5 phones total ( 4 are analog and out of contract, 1 i-phone that is still in contract for 6 months). So what to do??

1) wait till the iphone is out of contract and then shop all around?

2) upgrade my phone only - to what?? Have no experience with smart phones at all!!

3) upgrade all phones now and pay the extra $20 per month for 6 months on the iphone line because it is under the old contract?

data plans are better now - 6 GB shared is only $65 a month.

I think you should choose the first option on your list.
Also, if you are buying a new phone, I would recommend choosing the iPhone (5 or 6)

This is just my opinion, but I don't like the way phones running on Android force you to get a Google+ account to access most features.

I think you should choose the first option on your list.
Also, if you are buying a new phone, I would recommend choosing the iPhone (5 or 6)

This is just my opinion, but I don't like the way phones running on Android force you to get a Google+ account to access most features.

iOS makes you create an Apple account to do pretty much anything with your phone as well.

yep- so I chose a Droid turbo - hated to make a dummy gmail account. but what ever ... as my daughter says regularly. Now to figure out how to use it!! Chose the Droid as the way my business account is I get a 20 credit, and the phone was 20 per month so basically the phone is free and all I pay for is the data= 3gb for $45. I was able to switch my iphone user to the new account package ( share the 3 gb data plan) and if each person wants to upgrade to a smart phone the costs is minimal until we need more data.

Last edited:
^ I made a dedicated GMail account for my phone that I don't use for anything else except for that. I don't give it out or anything like that either. Love that Android backs up your contacts to the account automatically though - saved me several times and auto-restores if you get a new phone or reset your phone and log back in.

Well I think I finally decided to get a smart phone for myself - thanks for the ASUS 2 phone review Trotter-good stuff.

Thank you muchly. ;)

I can't believe Carnage didn't point your to Swappa for a phone, though. Tsk, tsk.

OK so what the best way to download music to this Droid Turbo? or I guess to any type of device that is Android driven.

I never even ripped a CD before ,so now I guess I should. Then I can download my music on my droid.

Plug it into your computer and copy to either the internal storage, or to the SD Card if you have one (if it takes one). That's all you really have to do. It should auto-generate a "Music" folder - in there would be a good place to put it.

Back
Top Bottom