Which Job title to use ?

IT admirer

Solid State Member
Hello Guys,

I am working with an IT staffing company. My present job title on my pay check is Help Desk Support. But last month I was pulled up to another department where every one is a client analyst. So I am working with client analysts and its different than being at the Help desk support. I am learning alot and i really like it.

My question is, which title should I write in my resume ?

Can I write Client Analyst ??

Can I write both titles like Helpdesk support / Client Analyst ???

Or should it be Heldesk support ??

I really enjoy working as a client analyst and want to focus more on this. Thanks.

Until your pay check reflects the fact you are a Client Analyst, you should stick with what it says you are. Since if they ask you have no way to prove it. If they call your employer and ask them, they will go by the classification you are getting paid for.

Until your pay check reflects the fact you are a Client Analyst, you should stick with what it says you are. Since if they ask you have no way to prove it. If they call your employer and ask them, they will go by the classification you are getting paid for.

Thanks!!

You can make note on your resume that you are doing additional tasks. But as far as the job title goes, go with the one that they state you are. There is nothing against putting down all the jobs and work you have done. But the title should reflect what your classification is.

I agree with Ksod because some employers will check your references and it would suck to not get a job because of a job title not matching your resume. During a interview I'd just explain the new position to the person face to face.

Completely agree with KSoD. You can't put on your resume a title that you don't have.

I would maybe say in the description of the job what you helped with, and explain in an interview that you're working more of a client analyst role as of lately, but don't put that on your resume.

THat's a good way to get an employer NOT to hire you. 99% of employers call your previous/current companies and when they find out you aren't in the position your resume says you are - they won't hire you.

I agree with Ksod because some employers will check your references and it would suck to not get a job because of a job title not matching your resume. During a interview I'd just explain the new position to the person face to face.

Thanks!!

Completely agree with KSoD. You can't put on your resume a title that you don't have.

I would maybe say in the description of the job what you helped with, and explain in an interview that you're working more of a client analyst role as of lately, but don't put that on your resume.

THat's a good way to get an employer NOT to hire you. 99% of employers call your previous/current companies and when they find out you aren't in the position your resume says you are - they won't hire you.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom