Which AV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceeren

Baseband Member
Which AV (Anti virus) Should I choose, My AVG has about a month left on it, and I was thinking if I should buy another key or get something like Bit defender. I am happy with the results of AVG, but some people say it doesn't pick up tons of stuff I could be getting. Any ideas? Thanks.

If you're after a premium AV, I would buy NOD. Most of them are good - Bit Defender, AVG, etc.

Just don't buy Kaspersky or Norton (unless they've improved recently, which I haven't heard of them doing so).

Dont think i'd put my trust in Microsoft for security... Just look at their OS's.

Yeah, I mean especially since MSE has one of the highest detection rates of any AV (paid or free). That's just terrible right there!

[/sarcasm]

Dont think i'd put my trust in Microsoft for security... Just look at their OS's.

Have you ran MSE?

Please back up your statement with some facts relating to M$ operating systems.

Who are you comparing them to? When you say look at them do you want us to look at the box? code? How they stand up to hackers?
Hacker: Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X
Mac OS X security myth exposed - Techworld.com
Windows 7 & OSX Have Critical Security Flaws | Windows 7 News

Blanket statements with zero backup do not carry any weight.

I'm currently running Kaspersky internet suite 2010, Check out the AV reviews, It has the highest detection rate.

As for Windows, It has to have all these patch's (Critical Update's) Because of sloppy programming. You dont hear of other OS's being updated this much, Because they are far more secure to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom