What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I had open DNS set up in my router but when I switched from comcast to at&t I couldn't get on line until I set it to the at&t server, The at&t tech couldn't figure it out until I realized (actually remembered) I set up the router for Open DNS a while ago, it is much better using Open DNS
Is it that some isp's are that restrictive, that I can't use Open DNS's servers with at&t?

I had open DNS set up in my router but when I switched from comcast to at&t I couldn't get on line until I set it to the at&t server, The at&t tech couldn't figure it out until I realized (actually remembered) I set up the router for Open DNS a while ago, it is much better using Open DNS
Is it that some isp's are that restrictive, that I can't use Open DNS's servers with at&t?

Depending on when this was, ATT is part of the 6 strikes and want you to route through their DNS.

I'll have to test that out, what kind of speed boost did you see by comparison to stock DNS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TechForums

I went from 15 to 30 and average mid 20's. I am paying for 15.

Well, speedtest.net results:

Normal DNS: #1 2.91Mbps, #2 2.90Mbps
Open DNS: #1 3.01Mbps, #2 2.96Mbps

Hmm..

Depending on when this was, ATT is part of the 6 strikes and want you to route through their DNS.
This was during the initial installation set up

I just switched to AT&T about 3 weeks ago. I personally can't stand AT&T ( I had AT&T about a year ago) but I can't stand coughing up an extra $40. per month for Comcast more than I can't stand AT&T. After my contract expires I'll go back to Comcast for their "Special" one year contract rate...Then play the switch game again...and again...and again.....If I can keep my tv and internet below $100. it'll be worth it

That's AT&T U-Verse, 17 mps down and 3 up
When I had Comcast with Open DNS and the Motorola 6141 modem II was getting 27 down 5 up. I was paying for 24 down 5 up

I'll try playing with the AT&T modem when I get home on monday

Last edited:

This was during the initial installation set up

I just switched to AT&T about 3 weeks ago. I personally can't stand AT&T ( I had AT&T about a year ago) but I can't stand coughing up an extra $40. per month for Comcast more than I can't stand AT&T. After my contract expires I'll go back to Comcast for their "Special" one year contract rate...Then play the switch game again...and again...and again.....If I can keep my tv and internet below $100. it'll be worth it
If you got it 3 weeks ago then yea, it should be your problem. Now that I think about it, TWC would probably give me issues as well.

Ingredients to bake lemon bars.

Try making some chess bars.

1 stick butter, melted
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar (16 oz)
1 tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl combine melted butter, yellow cake mix, and one egg (mixture will be fairly dry). Press into the cake pan.
In a mixing bowl beat remaining two eggs slightly. Add softened cream cheese and vanilla extract, beating well until smooth. Add powdered sugar in increments and mix until smooth. Pour over the first layer.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until almost set. Let cool before cutting.

Back
Top Bottom