What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Just bought this to replace my busted Comcast Ubee modem.

MOTOROLA SB6121 SURFboard Cable Modem RJ-45 - Newegg.com

s0429853_sc7

Originally this was going to be a "purchase/return" to Walmart since I couldn't get a replacement Ubee modem yesterday, but now that I've tried it out I think I'm keeping it. I went to the next speed package to take advantage of a promotion, and that plus replacing my modem/router setup has effectively doubled my speed (at least). I used to pull a max of 1.8MB/s in uTorrent, now I pull up to 3.7 to 3.8MB/s.

2773850157.png

Upload had bursts of up to 22mbps.

Just bought this to replace my busted Comcast Ubee modem.

MOTOROLA SB6121 SURFboard Cable Modem RJ-45 - Newegg.com

s0429853_sc7

Originally this was going to be a "purchase/return" to Walmart since I couldn't get a replacement Ubee modem yesterday, but now that I've tried it out I think I'm keeping it. I went to the next speed package to take advantage of a promotion, and that plus replacing my modem/router setup has effectively doubled my speed (at least). I used to pull a max of 1.8MB/s in uTorrent, now I pull up to 3.7 to 3.8MB/s.

2773850157.png

Upload had bursts of up to 22mbps.
All stock modems blow. Even the ones that come with FiOS.

I have the 6141, it's white and I like it. Those motorola modems are o.k. by me. (I have the retail model)

The lovely thing about having the silver rewards is that I have a 60 day return window. So if I don't like it, they go back :)

Dat bezel.

Kinda confused, cus when you look at real life pictures of it...

111_zpsed81a733.jpg

Bezel seems much more like my monitor. I think they have done the trick where the glass goes right to the edge, with 2 or 3mm of bezel. But then there is a bezel under the glass, flat against the side of the panel, which is only apparent when you turn it on.

edit:

Yep it's the exact same thing they did on mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FYx1AFWqmEY#t=593s

Back
Top Bottom