What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

^^^ Very nice, Osiris.

how do you know how much ram ur mobo can handle. I have googled around and some sites say 2gb max and others say 4gb. I don't really want to buy the ram and find out I cannot use it.

Check the manufacturer's site, unless it is a pre-built... then you need to check with the maker of the computer itself.

I think I am going to buy the 4 gig because the only place I can see that says 2gb max is tigerdirect where I bought it a few years ago

Edit: how do you know how much ram ur mobo can handle. I have googled around and some sites say 2gb max and others say 4gb. I don't really want to buy the ram and find out I cannot use it.

what board do you have?
BlackBerry Tour

Since I got mad at my last BB World Edition and tossed it into the lake, had to get a new one, was waaaay over due anyways.

nice. Seems very much like my BlackBerry curve 8310 (well i guess all BB look similar lol)

what board do you have?

nice. Seems very much like my BlackBerry curve 8310 (well i guess all BB look similar lol)

I have an intel D946GZIS mobo

I have an intel D946GZIS mobo

Intel® Desktop Board D946GZIS - System memory

System Memory Features
The board has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

* 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
* Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
* 4 GB maximum total system memory
* Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
* Non-ECC DIMMs
* Serial Presence Detect
* DDR2 667 or DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM DIMMs

As that states, you can have 4GB maximum.

^lol, beat me to it. Yeah the source i got the info from was also 4gb, and only 667mhz...

My boss is shelling out for an iPhone for me too :D
I told him many people in the company ask me to fix theirs, so I needed one to know how they work. yay! lol :p

Bought a new case, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition. Has two 23cm fans, I really like it.

And a Blu-Ray drive on sale so I can watch BR movies on my 28" monitor.

Back
Top Bottom