What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

10234-01__82289_zoom.jpg

So many uses. Zapping people, igniting gases, and most importantly semi-humane dispatching of moths and spiders that have unfortunately ventured into my bedroom.
It is my current method of insect control, but I only have a tiny piezo ignition out of a butane lighter which isn't very effective on insects over 1cm in size. I hope this will pack enough punch.

If not, I will purchase a 3amp 4.8v spark gap igniter.. that will definitely work :D

11218_01__62788_zoom.jpg

We pulled them out of BBQs all the time when we were kids, used em to make spud guns XD then switched the spuds with ball bearings and darts ftw. We also used to take it out at night down to the beach, light a modified sparkler and drop it in, then fire that. Good times haha

Gas BBQ's are for noobs. They make food taste crappy too. Coal and wood BBQ ftw.

But yeah, they are fun. I doubt it will be a one hit wonder on the moths I get in my room every night though. I may have to make something a little more potent, i'm sure there are plenty of tutorials on the web. If I lived in the US i'd just buy a damn taser, but guess what, ILLEGAL :madd:

As for spud guns.. I may have to make one. Though yet again they are illegal so should probably keep it on the down low.

Contrary to what you may think.. BBQ's are very popular over here. Walk around in summer and you can smell it probably 95% of the time :)
You may be well known for BBQ's but you don't make nice meat so whats the damn point.

But seriously, gas ? may as well put it in a gas oven and be done with it.

Now South Africans, they can do a mean BBQ.

edit:

And nice on the Nexus 7 tablet 35g. I was looking at them too. But then.. well.. rumors of an iPad Mini intensified :p

No drives are trustworthy, we use Seagate enterprise grade drives that undergo much more rigorous QA than the consumer stuff you buy, are housed in servers in a climate and humidity controlled data center with UPS for all of the systems yet none of us are crazy enough to think those drives are reliable.

Drives fail for any number of reasons. If you want to keep important data on there with nothing but a wish and a prayer providing redundancy, then be my guest. Lol I'd like to see how well that'd go down if I proposed that plan at work XD

Just bought a few laptop and phone parts, next week I've got 4 or so laptops and 7 old 3GS's to repair. Not my job, but because I'm in IT people think they get to bring all their stuff in for me to fix, I can't be bothered saying no lol
Major difference between you guys and me, money. I don't have the cash to blow on drives just for backup purposes. And with yalls logic, the backup drives could fail at the same time making it all moot.

noice :D review + pics needed! Ever owned any other tablets before?

This will be my first tablet, I'll post pictures and write up a review once I get it. It should be here within the next two weeks, the estimated shipping was 1-2 weeks and for some reason you had to buy two day shipping.

Contrary to what you may think.. BBQ's are very popular over here. Walk around in summer and you can smell it probably 95% of the time :)
You may be well known for BBQ's but you don't make nice meat so whats the damn point.

But seriously, gas ? may as well put it in a gas oven and be done with it.

Now South Africans, they can do a mean BBQ.

edit:

And nice on the Nexus 7 tablet 35g. I was looking at them too. But then.. well.. rumors of an iPad Mini intensified :p

For me it was a toss up between the Nexus 7 and the iPad Mini. My sister has the iPad 2 and I feel that Apple could have done a better job with iOS on the iPad so I went with the Nexus and Android 4.1. It should be fun getting to know this new OS.

Indeed, iOS is a poorly made tablet OS. But it was still better than android pre Jelly Bean for tablets. I say pre Jelly Bean because i've not tried it so i've no right to say iOS is still better. I will definitely have to give a jelly bean tablet a go.

But yes, Apple could do more with iOS for tablets I think. The whole OS needs a revamp, it's basically the same as the original iOS 1 but with new features here and there. No truly new change, which I believe it needs. But I think Apple are scared to change it, because the iPhone and iPad sell to a lot of clueless people who wouldn't appreciate change.

Indeed, iOS is a poorly made tablet OS. But it was still better than android pre Jelly Bean for tablets. I say pre Jelly Bean because i've not tried it so i've no right to say iOS is still better. I will definitely have to give a jelly bean tablet a go.

But yes, Apple could do more with iOS for tablets I think. The whole OS needs a revamp, it's basically the same as the original iOS 1 but with new features here and there. No truly new change, which I believe it needs. But I think Apple are scared to change it, because the iPhone and iPad sell to a lot of clueless people who wouldn't appreciate change.

I just don't like how with iOS on the iPad there is so much space wasted because of the 4x4 grid of apps. I really like the grid of 5x4 apps on my iPhone (jailbreak ftw), it's quick and simple and that's all I look for in a phone but Apple has so much more screen space to work with on the iPad yet they do nothing with it.

Back
Top Bottom