What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I'm not quite sure what you mean? In terms of ergonomics the Xbox 360 controller is pretty much the epitome of controller design. It's basically perfect, unless you have unusually small hands.

Maybe, but for a person who has big hands, the xbox 360 controller is not meant for every single game.
I wish MS did not impose that there controller is the only savior for pc games.
If push comes to shove very soon, I will crack this controller against a wall and pick up a ps3 controller next friday and hack the controllers input file in the game folder and do it that way.

I can't stand the playstation controllers, I don't have big hands but I feel like they are crushed together when holding the controller. Plus I hate how the analog sticks are curved over whereas ms controller have dips so your thumbs rest nicely. Same with l2 and r2, I know someone will say it's down to preference or something but imo I don't see why they are curved towards the controller having them curved out like ms makes them easier to press and hold. the one advantage the ps3 has is a battery built in ( I think the ms controller battery compartment is a bit flimsy (mine cracked for the second time the other day)) on the other hand I like the weight the battery pack adds to the controller, I hate how light it is without a battery pack. Bit of a rant but I had to get it out :)

Plus the thumbsticks are next to each other on ps3 meaning you have to crunch up your thumb into the right position.

I bought a 16gb Class 10 SD Card, parts for a handle and a case logic dslr sling.

This handle cost me $10 worth of parts.

Steel Bar 36" long (cut after bending), 1-1/4" wide 1/8" thick.
1/4-20 thumb screw x2
4 1/4" fender washers

Tools used: Hack Saw, Vice.

4b9a3520.jpg

This is the prototype. I am going to keep the shape, but add feet for setting it down, and do something with the handle + add a shoe mount to the end of the handle. It is pretty solid and since its made out of steel and not plastic it balances well.

I can't stand the playstation controllers, I don't have big hands but I feel like they are crushed together when holding the controller. Plus I hate how the analog sticks are curved over whereas ms controller have dips so your thumbs rest nicely. Same with l2 and r2, I know someone will say it's down to preference or something but imo I don't see why they are curved towards the controller having them curved out like ms makes them easier to press and hold. the one advantage the ps3 has is a battery built in ( I think the ms controller battery compartment is a bit flimsy (mine cracked for the second time the other day)) on the other hand I like the weight the battery pack adds to the controller, I hate how light it is without a battery pack. Bit of a rant but I had to get it out :)

Plus the thumbsticks are next to each other on ps3 meaning you have to crunch up your thumb into the right position.

lol, man thats a post I can laugh with you about, I think its this mad catz 360 controller.
While shopping last month I tried the original it felt somwhat better, but its just not how I game.
You try playing SF4 with xbox 360 controller for one hour and see if your hand doesnt burn like fire. ;)

We'll see what will happen in a few days, besides I might not toss the controller, but I go get a ps3 controller and just let it be for the next 6 months.

lol, mad catz, just lol

I fixed your post for you. I think madcatz are cheap and nasty. You may as well play with one of those steering wheels (no matter what genre game).

But anyways I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion and im not going to be the one to say they are wrong for liking the ps3 controller better, even though they are wrong :p

X-Plane is great, what you smoking o_O ? FSX Blows.
I don't like either program. When I actually want to fly, I simply use 2004 Pro with all the mods I have for it. I'm awaiting Microsoft Flight but I have a feeling it will be on the level of Bulldozer.

I fixed your post for you. I think madcatz are cheap and nasty. You may as well play with one of those steering wheels (no matter what genre game).

But anyways I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion and im not going to be the one to say they are wrong for liking the ps3 controller better, even though they are wrong :p

Not all Mad Catz are cheap and nasty. Saitek is a owned and made by Mad Catz and there products tend to be pretty good.

I apologize, I did not know about saitek. But from what I've seen and used from madcatz branded stuff I just don't like them.

Mad Catz branded stuff tends to be on the cheaper side with a few exeptions (Fight pads). Also Tritton Audio and Saitek. Their PC gear is quite good quality. At least its all holding up for me :p

Back
Top Bottom