What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yeah I know, thats why nvidia are annoying me. I prefer them. AMD cards are like AMD processors to me, just..full of meh. Even though the 7970 looks great and is fast, I would much prefer it to be nvidia for some reason.

3GB Would be nice though. 7970 Won't be cheap however, and 2012 is going to be more expensive than usual as it is.

Yeah I understand that. Thats another thing, crappy old consoles are really holding things up for PC gamers. If the PC ruled gaming we would be playing games that looked as good as CGI in films like Star Wars The Phantom Menace by now. If no one has watched it recently, it looks good still, much better than any game, but quite clearly still fake and CGI, nothing like you see from stuff like the new Transformers films etc.
By the time prices settle after the dust falls the 7970 will be roughly around 500 or a tad less. For something stock with 3GB and 10-20% faster (with currently no supporting drivers) than a 580, that is a hard bargain. THis is the ONLY reason I am considering the card (or 2) for my next build. If this card really has the performance it appears to have then I am pretty positive Kepler will be way over many peoples budgets. Everyone should know me, I must really think this AMD card is something for me to even considering buying another AMD card with turd drivers.

The nvidia drivers for some 560Ti owners (Like me) still suck.. theres about a 1% chance of a Flash video causing the driver to crash on some 560Ti cards, causing the screen to go black and the driver has to reload. 1% doesn't sound much but when you go on youtube alot and can sometimes be watching 50+ videos in an evening, it tends to end up happening at least a couple times a week.

Anyway, just bought these using some money from Christmas:

Saitek X52 Pro for $170
l_00029482.jpg

And the new X-Plane 10. I had to order from the X-Plane website, $80 for the discs (8 DVD's, 78gb install size) and $20 for 1 to 3 week shipping (Ships from the US).

Max - The problem with games on the PC is they have to develop loosely to accommodate all kinds of hardware. On a Games platform like the 360 or the PS3 it's a defined set of hardware they know and expect and can refine the code thats why developers focus on consoles now sadly.
That and they keep blaming piracy for their rehashed rehashes not selling very well.

Anyway, isn't that why we have API's like DirectX, OpenGL, etc? to make it easier to code for a wide range of hardware....

The nvidia drivers for some 560Ti owners (Like me) still suck.. theres about a 1% chance of a Flash video causing the driver to crash on some 560Ti cards, causing the screen to go black and the driver has to reload. 1% doesn't sound much but when you go on youtube alot and can sometimes be watching 50+ videos in an evening, it tends to end up happening at least a couple times a week.
Never happened to me.

Just bought every Van Canto album on CD (since they have bonus songs you can't get with the digital versions of the album) and Hanna on Blu-Ray, cos I really liked it when I saw it in the cinema (by which I mean, blonde/white-haired Saiorse Ronan = exactly my type. Also it was a really decent movie).

Saitek X52 Pro for $170
l_00029482.jpg

And the new X-Plane 10. I had to order from the X-Plane website, $80 for the discs (8 DVD's, 78gb install size) and $20 for 1 to 3 week shipping (Ships from the US).
Bought my dad those for Christmas a few years ago and I was pretty sad to see them a melted mangled mess =(
Btw, Xplane blows.

Saitek X52 Pro for $170
l_00029482.jpg

Ha, did they give you a free fighers jet helmet while you use the joystick and make the living rumble all night ? :p
Also you are right in most ways, saitek is very good for what they do, but the product lineup is abit expensive.
If they made a ps3 controller that is compatible with most games, I would highly consider not looking at another xbox 360 controller again.
Even my ps2 or now ps3 broken controller did way better that ms and had less hand problems for most game players.

I would highly consider not looking at another xbox 360 controller again.
Even my ps2 or now ps3 broken controller did way better that ms and had less hand problems for most game players.
I'm not quite sure what you mean? In terms of ergonomics the Xbox 360 controller is pretty much the epitome of controller design. It's basically perfect, unless you have unusually small hands.

I like the Playstation controller better. It hasn't really changed from PS1 (just wireless and balance added).

But I think a mouse and keyboard is a must for many games.

Back
Top Bottom