What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Just bought Dream Theater and Opeth's latest albums along with a Captain of Crush No. 1

Happy camper right now :big_smile:

For easy remote access to my files, and IMHO FTP is more secure than SMB so a better choice to leave open to the baddies. Not currently firewalled beyond the NAT but I'm keeping an eye on the auth logs and I'll block any unknown IP that crops up trying to authenticate. I'm thinking of adding config server firewall which has the ever handy Login Failure Daemon to firewall IPs that repeatedly fail authentication.

SSH and SMB is fine but why SSH and FTP? Surely you can just use SFTP or FTP through an SSH tunnel if your client uses FTP directly.

What do you think of their choice on the new drummer?
I'm not sure yet. When I was listening to the album I didn't really notice it. New album is awesome by the way. But when I saw the little movie they made when they were picking their new drummer, I agree with the selection of Mike Mangini. From the audition videos he just fits in with DT compared to the others. He kind of reminded me of Portnoy too. The way he acts when he drums, heck they're both named Mike lol

SSH and SMB is fine but why SSH and FTP? Surely you can just use SFTP or FTP through an SSH tunnel if your client uses FTP directly.
I'm not particularly concerned about encrypting the session as my only worry would be my authentication being sniffed but it's more likely that it would get keylogged than that occurring seeing as I only authenticate from trusted and/or encrypted networks anyway. If I ever need to authenticate over an unsecure network I will SSH tunnel.

Paid for my membership for my uni's Computer Security Society. Also signed up for the Cisco CCNA level 1, and Beginner's Japanese.

Just ordered a 2" lift kit for my Jeep Commander. It's going to be a Christmas gift from my parents, but I paid for half of it.

Back
Top Bottom