What You've Just Bought!

Man I finally got a tv. It is 32" led, only goes up to 720 but I have bad vision and can't tell the difference anyway. I didn't get it with any smart tv built it but meh, I will usually be close to it enough to use hdmi cable to laptop and then phone as remote if I need to get up. I don't know how long its been since I bought a tv last. It was at least 2006. LCD was new so was hdtv, I paid six times more back then than this one I just got. I had no idea how cheap they had become.

Man I finally got a tv. It is 32" led, only goes up to 720 but I have bad vision and can't tell the difference anyway. I didn't get it with any smart tv built it but meh, I will usually be close to it enough to use hdmi cable to laptop and then phone as remote if I need to get up. I don't know how long its been since I bought a tv last. It was at least 2006. LCD was new so was hdtv, I paid six times more back then than this one I just got. I had no idea how cheap they had become.
You can literally get a 1080p Roku smart TV from Amazon for like $189.

The 32" is now $159, the 40" is $179. I mean if it was way cheap it's because it's old. I paid $100 for a 55" non smart TV but I also wanted the composite and component inputs.

A friend of ours had their father pass away recently, He had a 44" flat screen tv and they are asking $100. We are going tomorrow to check it out, My wife's mom needs a tv and this size would work well in her apartment

Last edited:
Man I went to an estate sale looking for tv. No electronics left when I got there and sad family guarding the house, it was weird.

Man I went to an estate sale looking for tv. No electronics left when I got there and sad family guarding the house, it was weird.
That's where I got the cheap 55". Well, it was a garage sale but saw it on our HOA page and realized it was my neighbor. Walked over and said hey buddy wanna help me lug this over I got cash :lol:

I have three TV's... (and 5 monitors in my closet I need to sell...)
One 55" OLED. I lauv it
One 43" LCD. It's alright. It's my computer monitor. As soon as LG makes a 38-40" OLED with Game Mode I'm buying it instantly.
One suuuuper old 41" "Affinity" brand TV. Bought it almost a decade ago for $200. It was junk back then and it's still junk, but dang it it still works :lol: It's my bedroom TV. used way back in the day as a computer monitor

That's because their friends get to pick what they want before the estate sale. Most of the best stuff will already be gone before the public auction/sale. It's been several months since Bud passed away. I knew him when he was alive because I fixed up an old pc he had in exchange for making us a bathroom shelf. He was very talented at wood working

@iFargle, I have been reading up on OLED tv/monitors... they are showing up with burn-in issues over time. I've also heard that they (Samsung) are working on a micro-oled tv/monitor that solves this burn-in issue, but won't be on the market for a while yet

Last edited:
^ Micro LED not Mirco OLED ;)

It won't suffer burnin because OLED is an organic compound, Micro LED is inorganic. No burn in. But yeah, 2 to 5 years away for true availability.

Back
Top Bottom