What You've Just Bought!

Now you mentioned the padding being dead, i'd reccomend one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Cush-Comfort...&sr=8-4&keywords=cush+comfort#customerReviews

Bought one myself. It's like a memory foam, so never goes flat and always holds its shape. No idea if you suffer with it, but if you get lower back pain around your coccyx it also helps a lot with that, as it has a cut out where your tail bone rests. Feels odd at first, but now I love it. Best of all it saved me $100+ on needing a new chair.
I have one of those, used it on my old chair. It worked great, but made my hunch worse.

I have one of those, used it on my old chair. It worked great, but made my hunch worse.

I am tall, overweight and slouch all day... so suffice to say my back will be shot by the time I am in my 40's. It's already not great, I usually get a week or two of lower back pain every month or two.

Pretty much just resting my hope on some medical advances to fix it in 20 years :p

I am tall, overweight and slouch all day... so suffice to say my back will be shot by the time I am in my 40's. It's already not great, I usually get a week or two of lower back pain every month or two.

Pretty much just resting my hope on some medical advances to fix it in 20 years :p
It's already here. Back fusion with 3D printed discs.

Sounds expensive, which means the NHS won't do it for free for a good 10+ years at a guess.

I mean the NHS only just got their own proper proton beam therapy machines for cancer, and that **** has been around since the 1990's.

Last edited:
Sounds expensive, which means the NHS won't do it for free for a good 10+ years at a guess.

I mean the NHS only just got their own proper proton beam therapy machines for cancer, and that **** has been around since the 1990's.
At least over here, compared to a standard back fusion it's relatively cheap and non-invasive. If you have lower vertebrae or disc issues I'd definitely look into it.

Last edited:
uh... makes no sense PP
A fusion is where the vertebra are "fused" meaning they are made into one solid piece that can not move.
The lumbar "discs" is the spongy material that goes between the vertebra (and allow movement between your vertebra).
In a spinal fusion, The blown out (ruptured) or damaged discs are removed, and replaced with what they currently call a "cage" in order to allow the vertebra to fuse together into one piece.
I do not doubt that they can make a "lumbar disc" today, but calling it a fusion would be misleading

uh... makes no sense PP
A fusion is where the vertebra are "fused" meaning they are made into one solid piece that can not move.
The lumbar "discs" is the spongy material that goes between the vertebra (and allow movement between your vertebra).
In a spinal fusion, The blown out (ruptured) or damaged discs are removed, and replaced with what they currently call a "cage" in order to allow the vertebra to fuse together into one piece.
I do not doubt that they can make a "lumbar disc" today, but calling it a fusion would be misleading
What I was talking about is the alternative to a fusion. When you talk back fusion people know exactly what you're talking about, I just wanted simplicity in the example. Remove bad disc, replace, fuse. In this case it's a 3D printed implant. It can be replaced individually or fused into one long piece for support. From what I'm told advancements are even further than the last time I went to get my back checked out for the initial procedure a few years ago.

Attachments

• Mobbs2.jpg
    Mobbs2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2
I just bought a Vizio P65-F1 this week- looks awesome on 4K in Amazon prime , upscaling 1080p pretty well on most of my Comcast channels. Football,hockey and golf look great with minimal motion blur due to the reasonable lag times and 120hz. I picked it up for $999 at best buy. I did do some research, and had a max budget of $1000. So it fell in my budget and is rated really well if not "best" for any sub $1500 TV on several reviews websites. TV pictures these days are all so good its hard to compare at stores. In showrooms all the TV's are put into the vivid mode with digital 4K demos loaded - at least that was my experience. I had to wait for a knowledgeable sales person to switch several TV's into regular/standard modes and put in a good digital 4k sporting event to see contrast/motion/etc. and a regular blue-ray movie to really see what the pic may look like at home and compare the TV's in real life situations. The Vizio P65-F1 looked as good as the much more expensive TV's to me - not as good as Oled - but at 1/3-1/4 the price of a Oled I wont complain. Especially as I was coming from a 15 year old 50 inch Plasma that was dying a slow death.

Back
Top Bottom