What You've Just Bought!

great phone
big screen but still a decent sized phone.
When watching YT videos i love zooming in so it crops to fit, looks great that way.

It has a smaller screen than the OPO I came from (well, it's taller but a LOT thinner). Using the OPO now feels like it's 16:10 rather than the much taller aspect ratio of the S8.

GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX
AMD Ryzen 1950X

No ram... Ram is a bit out there... But, hopefully soon I will have some ram... Is it sad the amount of RAM that I require costs as much as the CPU? :(

Have plans to build a new ESXi host, this is to start it out, hopefully, but RAM is just a bit too high right now. :(

Last edited:
GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX
AMD Ryzen 1950X

No ram... Ram is a bit out there... But, hopefully soon I will have some ram... Is it sad the amount of RAM that I require costs as much as the CPU? :(

Have plans to build a new ESXi host, this is to start it out, hopefully, but RAM is just a bit too high right now. :(
Yea, extremely sad. What's even more sad is the fact that nothing is being done about the price fixing.

RAM and GPU prices have pretty much stalled all my projects out, there's no reason for such prices. These vendors will realize that the market can't tolerate such things, hopefully it's not before it's too late and everyone just moves on to tablets/phones. I use my phone more than my desktop as is these days, but I still like to sit at my desk and play an occasional game. But if prices stay like this, well, I will just start using my phone instead for everything.

RAM and GPU prices have pretty much stalled all my projects out, there's no reason for such prices. These vendors will realize that the market can't tolerate such things, hopefully it's not before it's too late and everyone just moves on to tablets/phones. I use my phone more than my desktop as is these days, but I still like to sit at my desk and play an occasional game. But if prices stay like this, well, I will just start using my phone instead for everything.
Well pre-builts, laptops, etc haven't inflated due to the DIY market. So I don't see it changing anytime soon until crypto mining dies off. Really it's only the etailers that price gouging the **** out of GPUs. RAM on the other hand is a completely illegal deal and I'm in awe just at the fact that no legal entity has done anything about it. I too have projects stalled because of it. Hell for my VR machine I'm actually building a Haswell machine just because DDR3 prices are so much easier on the wallet.

Technically I bought it years ago when I backed the Kickstarter, but I finally played Kingdom Come Deliverance! I've had access to the beta/alpha all throughout the development, but figured i'd wait til it was released. It's truly a great game, really happy with it. I'd recommend it to everyone. It does have quite a lot of pretty big bugs, but nothing so bad it's sucked the fun out of the game. A couple of patches and it'll be an easy 9/10 game.

Technically I bought it years ago when I backed the Kickstarter, but I finally played Kingdom Come Deliverance! I've had access to the beta/alpha all throughout the development, but figured i'd wait til it was released. It's truly a great game, really happy with it. I'd recommend it to everyone. It does have quite a lot of pretty big bugs, but nothing so bad it's sucked the fun out of the game. A couple of patches and it'll be an easy 9/10 game.
What can you compare it to?

What can you compare it to?

It's kind of it's own thing. But I guess it's a cross of Skyrim, Dark Souls and The Witcher 3.

So there are no fantasy elements, it's historically accurate in terms of armour, weapons, lore, enemy etc. No dragons or creatures, you're fighting men in armour.

What stands out to me is the world it's set in. It was modelled off a real area. The graphics are really nice, the forests are the most realistic i've ever seen. There is quite a lot of complexity to the game, there is an in depth and hard to master combat system (kinda like Mount and Blade, but better IMO). When you chat to someone, your success comes down to all sorts of stuff. E.g. your wealth, whether you have blood on you, whether you are clean or dirty, what armour and gear you have on, your reputation and so on. Lots of detail in that kind of thing.

It's very story driven. There is a solid story, and there are a lot of story related cutscenes. A large amount of playability, I guess you can put 50 to 100 hours into it easily.

Not to say it's perfect, its very rough around the edges in parts. For example the game is very hard early on, you will get destroyed if you try and fight a lot of the time. But i've heard on Reddit that in the late game, it's too easy once you've levelled up. So they need to tweak that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom