What You've Just Bought!

I just bought the Huawei Honor 6X after doing a lot of research on budget android phones, and yes trotter I did extensive research on the Asus Zenfone 3 and this one seems to come out on top :)
Also got a cool wooden set of earbuds since my regular ones broke!

Any of you gentlemen use an off brand/ not flagship android phone? After my Galaxy S5 broke in December I bought a temporary LG X Power($100 cost me $10 on cricket wireless) and was blown away by its performance relative to its price. Feel like I've been cheated with all these flagship phones lol. I'm excited for how great this $250 phone will be.
Switching from my sprint contract to no contract cricket wireless was pretty awesome too. 35$ for 3GB data. **** sprint!

I've been partial to motorola the past few years. Decent specs stock android, decent track record for updates but sometimes bail on promises for updates. They seem to give each moto G one major OS update then nothing beyond that. The G3 was on the list to upgrade to android 7.0 but was stroked off for some reason back in november. One thing I hate that motorola does though is make another phone with similar if not slightly worse specs than the G3 which would be the G4 play and that gets the latest version of android and not the slightly better speced G3. It's like they are forcing you to buy another device for the latest OS effectively making you pay over 150$ for almost nothing more than an OS upgrade. Even still I am planning to upgrade from my moto G3 to the G5 plus when it comes to the US. I am hoping the camera is as good as they say it is. I use my camera to assist with my poor vision but the G3's autofocus is sort of wacky going in and out of focus.

Just bought the pc parts to finish my home office aka my gaming lounge.

Already had 3 27" monitors and an xbox one but now i have the gaming pc.

Ryzen 1700
GB gaming 3 mobo
32gb kingston ddr4
RX 480
Corsair 750 watt psu
Corsair R270 case

Cost was $350 for everything (long story on how i got it that cheap lol)

Ryzen 1700
GB gaming 3 mobo
32gb kingston ddr4
RX 480
Corsair 750 watt psu
Corsair R270 case

Alright, story time :tongue:
If you can get more for that cheap I'll buy 10.
Mostly interested in the CPU, motherboard, and RAM, because if I can get 10 that cheap I can make a heck of a compute cluster at home (girlfriend's an aerodynamicist and would love something relatively powerful to run her aero models on)

Ryzen 1700
GB gaming 3 mobo
32gb kingston ddr4
RX 480
Corsair 750 watt psu
Corsair R270 case

Badass platform, now you just need a real GPU :p

Alright, story time :tongue:
If you can get more for that cheap I'll buy 10.
Mostly interested in the CPU, motherboard, and RAM, because if I can get 10 that cheap I can make a heck of a compute cluster at home (girlfriend's an aerodynamicist and would love something relatively powerful to run her aero models on)

I ordered some stuff from amazon a few months ago, prime 2 day, waited at home all day for the products and they never showed up. Called amazon and went through this big mess with ups and what not. They ended up saying it was lost in transport and they refunded me via agc.

A week later this elderly woman is talking to my kids in the yard and when i come out she says she thinks she has something of mine. Turns out they delivered my packages to her.

So i used the AGC i had on my account to buy the motherboard and gpu.

Case was $50, psu was $60, both from purse.io
Ram was $140 off ebay.
best buy had the keyboard and mouse on sale came to about $100.

Badass platform, now you just need a real GPU :p

I game in 1080p and this card was on sale for $220 and it will play anything i want at 1080 with high fps.

Didnt really see any reason to spend anymore.

My last build had a 1070 and ive yet to notice any difference in any games compared to my 480.

Stab in the dark but I heard volta GTX 1180Ti is gonna be fast AF.

But IDK man just a hunch.
Well Pascal compared to Maxwell was fast, and Maxwell to Kepler was fast so pretty educated hunch IMO.

I game in 1080p and this card was on sale for $220 and it will play anything i want at 1080 with high fps.

Didnt really see any reason to spend anymore.

My last build had a 1070 and ive yet to notice any difference in any games compared to my 480.
There was a difference you just weren't looking for it lol.

Well Pascal compared to Maxwell was fast, and Maxwell to Kepler was fast so pretty educated hunch IMO.

There was a difference you just weren't looking for it lol.

Lol I saw a bunch of peasants losing their minds over the rumor that PS5 would arrive in 2019 with 10TF of power. TEN !

Im like, by 2019 a high end gaming pc could probably have 50TF+ with some dual or tri-SLI :lol::lol::lol: such peasantry.

Back
Top Bottom