What You've Just Bought!

It's pretty easy if you manage your money right. Also helps if you make a lot, but you don't have to make 6 figures to do all that.

Certainly not, he and I are living proof (among many many others I'm sure). I readily admit I have little to no financial discipline, but it's more of an impulse to buy things than to only want expensive things. I don't spend ALL of my money, but I do tend to spend it somewhat carelessly, depending on what I feel will fill whatever gap I'm feeling emotionally. *Thanks mom :sleep:*

Certainly not, he and I are living proof (among many many others I'm sure). I readily admit I have little to no financial discipline, but it's more of an impulse to buy things than to only want expensive things. I don't spend ALL of my money, but I do tend to spend it somewhat carelessly, depending on what I feel will fill whatever gap I'm feeling emotionally. *Thanks mom :sleep:*
I battle depression so I know how it is to have that want of opening shiny things just to make you happy. On the other hand I don't like missing bills or being broke.

I battle depression so I know how it is to have that want of opening shiny things just to make you happy. On the other hand I don't like missing bills or being broke.

Lol this. Pretty much why I bought my Leica camera. Lusted over a Leica all my life, was at peak depression (I am like, 80% better now), ordered it. Made me feel good for a while...

That is one thing I have going for me. Bills are always paid on time. I don't allow myself to miss them.

Lol this. Pretty much why I bought my Leica camera. Lusted over a Leica all my life, was at peak depression (I am like, 80% better now), ordered it. Made me feel good for a while...

I've come to own may items by that same token. Glad to hear you're on the upward side.

That is one thing I have going for me. Bills are always paid on time. I don't allow myself to miss them.

I've come to own may items by that same token. Glad to hear you're on the upward side.

It helped my depression a little when I got a work payrise. Made me feel like my life is progressing somewhere. But what really helped was when a friend and I decided to take up motorcycling. It really took me out my comfort zone doing all the lessons, tests, the danger of it etc, which boosted my confidence in a lot of ways, I learned a bunch of stuff and met some new people too. But most of all I fell in love with motorcycles, and now I wake up each day excited for the weekend when I can ride it. I spend all my spare time obsessing over bikes with my friend. Now I just can't wait for him to pass his test next week, so we can start riding together. It really really helps when you have something to look forward too that you really enjoy.

And I mean *really* enjoy. You wake up and you can't wait to go do that activity, whatever it is. I enjoy games, and tech, but nothing has made me want to get out of bed before.

It helped my depression a little when I got a work payrise. Made me feel like my life is progressing somewhere. But what really helped was when a friend and I decided to take up motorcycling. It really took me out my comfort zone doing all the lessons, tests, the danger of it etc, which boosted my confidence in a lot of ways, I learned a bunch of stuff and met some new people too. But most of all I fell in love with motorcycles, and now I wake up each day excited for the weekend when I can ride it. I spend all my spare time obsessing over bikes with my friend. Now I just can't wait for him to pass his test next week, so we can start riding together. It really really helps when you have something to look forward too that you really enjoy.

And I mean *really* enjoy. You wake up and you can't wait to go do that activity, whatever it is. I enjoy games, and tech, but nothing has made me want to get out of bed before.

That's really awesome man! Earning more at your job is huge, I agree. Not just because you're making more money, but you inherit a sense of value because someone else deemed you important enough to keep around. Your work amounted to something, and now you have proof, or a permanent result. I feel the way you do about motorcycles about drums. It's always, always, always in my head. Beats, background music, listening for nuances I may not have caught previously, all of it. I'll sit in a drive-through and FTFO to a song sometimes while I'm waiting to get to the window. It just feels wonderful.

Gotta love gearbest :p
qmyrrHl.png

That's in USD though, cost me $40aud all up. Still pretty cheap :p the food thermometers I was looking at before came in closer to $90ea but +/-1c accuracy is all I need

That's in USD though, cost me $40aud all up. Still pretty cheap :p the food thermometers I was looking at before came in closer to $90ea but +/-1c accuracy is all I need

I have an ETI Thermapen, but a calibrated reference version which is like 0.1c accurate between -29 and +199c, and then 0.3c between -49 and +299 or something. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it's stupid accurate. It was expensive, but i'm a nerd, and I take great satisfaction knowing my steak is exactly 57.3c.

It even came with a certificate of accuracy.

Be jelly.

Back
Top Bottom